Author's Note

^^ "Scared of the Dark" by Lil Wayne, XXXTENTACION & Ty Dolla $ign is the theme for Eye of Saffiyah. It's a great song, and deserves more attention than what it receives.

Non-fantasy fans, do not be discouraged.

This is not your average fantasy story.

Hello all. I didn't think I'd ever publish any stories that aren't related to the Era of Talis series, yet here I am. As soon as I read one of the prompts from OpenNovellaContest I got so many ideas about it and now I think I have enough for a novella. Not really sure where I'll go with this, so we'll see.

Really, I think I'm going to kill myself stressing over this. But I have a lot of ideas, so maybe pouring them onto paper (or in this case on Wattpad) will help clear up my head.

Um I can't say to what extent this novella will cover, but there's going to be a lot of dark themes.

Like murder, potentially suicide (nothing detailed and/or glorified, I promise), violence, traumatic memories, and so on. 

Please take care of yourself and do not continue if you know you won't be able to sleep after reading this. 

Also, going back to any non-fantasy fans: it won't include any fancy spells or anything. The fantasy part mostly has to do with one fabled creature, one fabled object, and a fictional setting. I'll be diving into the darker parts of human psychology.

Though while I'll do my research before publishing something, I'm not an expert. So do correct me if you find that something feels wrong.

With that said, Eye of Saffiyah is based from the Thriller Fiction prompt, number 5: Cursed Jewel.

Happy reading. Hope you enjoy it.

© 2019 JadeFoliage, All Rights Reserved

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in whole or part, or stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission and proof of the publisher. Permission is only granted, and work may only be reproduced in any way, including, but not limited to the above, if person first has permission of this work's publisher. (Except for the cover. All respected rights go to its owner(s).)