Chapter 2

On the bus I held in my excitement as always, stared blankly out the window listening to music while the others all talked and laughed on about summer. Paramore. More Paramore. Ed Sheeran. Maroon 5. And more Paramore. This was basically my life. I feel like if I had a spirit person, it would be a mix of Hayley Williams, Adam Levine, and Ed Sheeran.

I'm not the classic school girl, who has all these crushes and shit. I don't even have one crush. Actually, I don't have any recent celebrity crushes either. Weird huh? Whatever, it was summer. No more need to talk about anything that went on at the retched highschool. I sometimes like being the quiet one on the bus though. Because people think because you're silent, it means you're not listening, like they can say anything and you won't hear a thing. I don't know what idiot came up with that theory but last time I checked I can stare out a window and still hear the gossip going on 3 feet away from me.

Who cares, it's summer! I know I've said that at least three times now! School is overrated. Love is overrated. Gossip is overrated. Math is just stupid in general. Ah I'm so glad I'm done with highschool. I feel like a weight has just been lifted off my shoulder...... until I get in that door. I always hesitate to open my house door, I don't know why, something always screams to me "you're not welcome here". I'm probably not, but where else would I live. Believe me, I'd much rather live in Seattle with Adam then in Boston with my so call mother. Surprisingly enough, I walk in and she's not right there. I know she's on her laptop working in the other room, so I silently run upstairs to my room. I grab my suitcase immediately, then grab another one. The whole summer, I'm gonna need a lot of stuff. I pack all my clothes in the biggest one, then all of my electronics and books and pencils and notepads in the other one. I could take this and move there if I wanted, but I obviously can't.

It was about 3pm by now. I wanted it to be night time already so I could sleep, wake up at like 2am, then go to the airport, free for the whole summer. I lay down on my bed and thought. The whole summer. Adam. He's an awesome brother.. he WAS an awesome brother. When he was here. He doesn't talk to me anymore... I be the won't call me Leah. I only allow him to call me that. I don't know why. I didn't like when anyone else called me that, I'd never answer someone who did. I want to meet his friends too! Really badly actually... from the videos I was able to watch, I've learned some of their names. Ty. Alesa. Jason. Mitch. Jerome. Ashley. Tyler. Quentin. Ian. That's all I've learned so far, and they all seem like pretty nice people. I've only seen pictures of Alesa, I guess she's Adam's new girlfriend. She's preachy, inspiring, nice, funny, not to mention she's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to meet her.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mom,

"LEAH"

She called me Leah. I didn't answer.

"LEAH DAHLBERG"

I still didn't answer

"KAYLEE DAHLBERG GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW ITS DINNER!"

I sighed and trudged downstairs, grabbing my diner without looking at my mother or saying anything.

"Kaylee don't you ignore me like that you hear me? Huh? Do you? You seem like you're ignoring me again young lady! LOOK AT ME WHEN IM TALKING! KAYLEE!" she nagged, as is walked past her upstairs.

I also can't wait until I'm 18, when she has no control over me anymore!