Nancy: Part II

So, I was sold to a cartel leader.

Now, I was his slave and I didn't even know what he was going to do with me?

******

There was a car outside the brothel to take me to his residence. By then, Alice had gotten me ready.

"Cheer up honey, you're going to a better place." She tried to calm me down after sensing the helpless look in my eyes.

"But I don't want to go there. I want to go home to mom."  I almost started crying.

"You can't my dear. They wouldn't let you. You're lucky that at least you're leaving this hell. Most people live here and die here. So, if you're getting a chance, don't waste it.

Go, my dear. A good part of your life is waiting for you." She whispered these words in my ears and she moved me towards the car.

I didn't know what made me hug her tightly. Perhaps, I was missing my mother and the lady had been kind to me.

Whenever our family is not around us, we start searching for them in the people among us.

Perhaps, I was doing the same.

I didn't want to let her go.

But we both were helpless.

She had to follow the order of that monstrous woman and I had to abide by the cartel leader.

As I sat in the car, I felt like an innocent lamb that was about to be slaughtered. I didn't want to go but didn't have any choice but to accept my faith.

********

The stopped at a very large villa. It was several times bigger than my home. I saw a lot of cars and many people with guns outside.

Why everyone was holding guns here?

Were they dangerous people?

But there was no answers but only questions.

Entering inside I saw a big hall. The ceiling had fine work on it which looked attractive, there were paintings of famous artists on the wall, and all the furniture was antique.

I later found that Marko had a great interest in antique furniture and paintings.

Marko was sitting on the sofa when he looked at me with one glance.

Then he called Maria - a stocky, cheerful woman in her early 50s and said something in her ears.

"Come with me, mija. I will show you your room." The woman said in a latin accent.

And I followed her.

*****
Maria showed me my room. It was very big, four-times the size of the common bedroom we all shared.

There were antique paintings on the wall and fine work on the ceilings.

Curtains were red which created an impressive effect on the white-painted walls.

So, that's how they keep their slaves

by luring them with luxuries and keeping them confined in their fantasy land?

"Have some rest mija! Don will speak to you in a while," Maria instructed me in her latin accent.

And left the room... But not before telling me one important thing, i.e. Don't look in the Don's eyes while talking to him. He doesn't like it.

I was standing there and wondering if there's anything I could do as per my wish.

And why was he coming here?

what was he going to do?

I was getting worried when Marko entered my room. He was wearing the same all black attire.

I wanted to see him for a while but then I remembered Maria's instruction:

Don't look in the Don's eyes.

So, I lowered my Gage and instead focused on his black coat.

He came near me, held my cheeks in his hand, lifted my face up, and said something in Latin:

"Eres una chica hermosa"  (You are so beautiful)

And I did not know what to say. So, I just kept my head down.

Then, he begin speaking in English.

"Don't worry Mija, I will not hurt you. You're safe here with me.

I will protect you. That's my promise.

In return, you'll have to promise that you wouldn't leave.

Now, go to sleep.

Buenas noches!!!

"

After these words, he left the room.

That was my first night with Marko.

While all the time I was thinking him to be cruel and sadistic, he was really kind and gentle.

I was thinking he will forcefully make love. But he didn't even touch me.

****
It's been 15 years since I am living with him.

During all these years, Marko kept his promise. He never touched me without my permission. He brought everything I desired.

In short, I am living in a heaven.

"But even the greatest luxuries can't keep you confined,

when deep down in heart you know that you're a slave."

There were times when I tried to break this promise and run away.

There were times when I fell in love.

And each time, the end was terrible.

I still remember Alijandro, the dance teacher Marko had appointed to teach me Salsa.

He was a charming guy with a handsome face, piercing dark-brown eyes, and dance moves that could make you fall on your knees.

One day in a heat of moment, we even made out in my room.

But then he disappeard.

One week later I found a parcel containing his head and a note:

It's your fault , Mija! The guy died because of you.

And it wasn't the first time it happened. Every time I fell in love, he made sure he punished me.

I received a parcel containing my lovers' heads, hearts, fingers, and gentiles with the same note.

He always made sure he doesn't inflict any wound on my body,

but on the part where it hurts the most. He stabbed my heart.

He did this until I gave up on love and agreed to be his mistress.

***

So, I living in this big cage - certainly not living my life but just passing my days.

There are times when I feel sparks of love.

There are times when I want to be free.

There are times when I want to break this cage and run away.

But I can't.

Even if I want to.

Because I know what will be the end.

And perhaps, this torment will continue till my death.

***
Anyway, I have to go.

Marko is throwing a grand party on his birthday. A lot of people will also be there.

So, I will have to get ready.