Chapter two

MaryBeth looked at the clock it was nearly 9.30 am and her little sister had not walked in yet. She had sent her a message earlier this morning reminding her of their meeting and Emily didn't even bother to reply.
" M she is not coming. You know how stubborn she is", Samantha said.
" Why don't we just carry on the both of us. We know how to manage the business and we just have to employ two more people", she added.
" We can't! Look at what I found. I wonder if this was the reason why mum's blood pressure shot up!", MaryBeth handed Samantha a paper and after her sister had read it she put a hand to her mouth.
" Oh my!! Why didn't she tell us about it... We both work here with her! Three big cancellations and we are two months overdue with debts... where will we get the money?!", Samantha asked anxiously.
They heard a familiar voice greeting the woman who worked with them at the reception and they stared at each other in surprise.
" She came!", exclaimed Samantha.
Emily walked into their mother's office and saw her two sisters looking at her as if they had seen a ghost.
" Guys it's me! Sorry, I'm late I had to speak to Dr. Yen about my resignation and glad he told me that I will always have a job at his clinic", Emily was saying as she hanged her coat on the coat hanger when she noticed her sisters were still staring blankly at her.
" What's going?!", she asked as she approached Samantha who was closer to her and took the papers from her hands.
" We are both surprised that you actually showed up .. now give me back those papers", MaryBeth said staring at her sister and noticed a big frown had formed on her forehead after she had read what was written on those papers.
" Was the business  doing that bad?! Why didn't she tell you guys anything?", Emily asked pulling a chair and sat down.
" We asked ourselves the same question. Guess she wanted to sort out the issues by herself, not to burden anyone", MaryBeth suggested.
They nodded yes at the same time since they knew their mother too well.
" We need a miracle.. like a big event to cover all the expenses", MaryBeth confessed after she showed them the other bills.
" We surely need a miracle!", Emily exclaimed.
" Ok after seeing all of this ,I need the hot draught of caffeine to clear my mind !.. I'll go grab the coffee at Starbucks, and a fresh juice for you  and we will try and figure this out together", Emily suggested and her big sister smiled at her as she stood up.
She was glad that Emily was there to give them a hand. Their mother always told them together they were stronger.

Emily rushed through the mall, she kept thinking about all of those figures on the papers that MaryBeth had shown them. The only upcoming event they had was a kids' birthday party next weekend which does not even cover a quarter of what their mother owed the bank. Emily realized that her mother had never told anyone about the loan not even their father as he would have mentioned something. She was always the one taking care of the financial issues related to the business , so that her sisters wouldn't know what was going on. She felt upset that her mother didn't speak about the issues of the business, instead she hid everything behind her beautiful smile as if she was saying that everything was alright.

Emily thanked the young lady who handed her the coffee cups and her juice. She  turned to walk away when someone bumped into her causing the cups from her hands to fall splashing to the floor and to make it worst some splashed over her dress and her legs dripping down to her feet.
" Excuse me!", a man's voice with a strong Italian accent said.
Emily clenched her fist in anger, she was about to give the guy a good piece of her mind but she noticed that a lot of people were looking at her.
" I'll pay for your coffee", the man said and it was then that she looked at him.
A tall man in a business suit stood in front of her. He wore glasses and he reminded her of Clark Kent from one of her favorite tv series.
She just gave him that don't you dare say another word to me look and walked away her legs dripping with coffee.
" Signora!", he shouted from behind her but Emily walked away quickly cursing softly underneath her breath.She rushed into the office and went straight to the washroom to clean herself up.
" So much for a nice Caramel Macchiato!", she said as she smelled the coffee on the tissue she was using to wipe her legs.
She walked out of the washroom to see the same man who knocked down her drinks standing0 at the reception  speaking to Samantha.
" There she is!", he said pointing towards her as soon as he spotted her standing there staring at them.
Him again! Now what does he want?!,Emily said to herself as she approached them.
" Emily, the gentleman said he wanted to apologize for bumping into you and spilling our coffee", Samantha said winking at her. She knew Samantha was telling her that the guy was a hunk and she glared at her sister giving her the I don't care face.
" Signora,   I am really sorry. Come with me I will pay your coffee.. it is just my mind was somewhere else", he said looking at her with an apologetic smile on his face.
" Thank you but there is no need for that Sir", Emily said hoping that he will leave.
" What do you do here?", instead she heard him asked as he put his hands in his pockets looking around their office and Emily rolled her eyes.
" We are party event planners, here to make your wildest party dreams come true. I'm Samantha and this is my younger sister Emily", Samantha offered her hand for a handshake.
" Party planner! Then I'm in the right place! My name is Fabian", the man said shaking Samantha's hand.
" Really ..why is that?!", Emily asked.
He looked around the room and then grabbed a leaflet from the small reception desk and smiled as if something he was looking for had caught his eyes.
" I need to plan my engagement party!", he said excitedly as he looked at both sisters.
Emily wanted to laugh because she was sure that his words had just burst Samantha's bubbles!
Engagement... Hell no! Next party please  ... Emily said to herself as she excused herself and walked away leaving Samantha talking to the man.
She walked back to her mother's office and MaryBeth was still sitting at her desk with a calculator in front of her and a worried look on her face.
" Don't tell me there is more!?", Emily said  pulling a chair and sat down.
" Where's my juice ?", MaryBeth asked instead of replying to her question and Emily was about to explain when Samantha walked in with a big smile on her face.
" Guys we have been saved!", she exclaimed excitedly.
" What do you mean? Spill the beans, Sam!", MaryBeth stood up as a man walked inside the office.
" Good morning", she greeted the man and Emily stood up giving him the seat.
"Fabian... Mr. Fabian sorry, he wants us to organize his engagement party!", Samantha said trying to control her excitement as she put a piece of paper on the desk and her two sisters looked at the figures written on there and their eyes widened.
" I want it to be the engagement party of the year! That's why I am willing to pay that much... she is so special to me and I love her so much. I want her to have the best of everything always", Fabian explained the figures written in front of them.
£30,000, the sister read the figures again.

" I'll leave my business card with you , please do get in touch with me. I really hope we can work together. By the way who is Lily?", he asked as he stood up gazing at the three sisters one at a time.
" No , Lily is our mother. She's the one who created all of this",MaryBeth explained as she smiled gazing around the room and her sisters could see that she was in the verge of crying.
Luckily Fabian's phone rang , he  glanced at the screen and smiled flashing his extremely white teeth as he typed something and pressed send . MaryBeth had the time to quickly grab a tissue and wiped her tears away.
" Ladies it was a pleasure meeting all of
you, I surely hope to hear from you soon and once more I apologize for making you spill your drinks", Fabian said turning his gaze towards Emily and MaryBeth looked at her little sister with a question mark on her face.
She mouthed I'll explain later as Fabian turned to shake Samantha's hand. He then said his goodbyes and left them all alone, standing there grinning at each other
" Gosh glad he left .. there was too much love in here making me dizzy!", Emily said breaking the silence.
MaryBeth and Samantha both turned and stared at her.
" What?!", she asked raising her hands.
" £30,000! This could save us from all those debts!", MaryBeth said staring at the piece of paper on the table and then picked up Fabian's card.
" Fabian Marchello Augustine, Director of The Golden Goose!", MaryBeth finished her sentence looking at them as if what she had said should have rung a bell.
" Guys The Golden Goose jewelry stores!", it was when she said it the second time that Samantha and Emily knew what she was talking about.
" We have to do this! He is our biggest client yet and we have to make mum proud!", MaryBeth looked at her sisters with pleading eyes.
" I am so in!", Samantha exclaimed.
" Not I..", Emily said walking towards the door.
" Actually you know what Emily.. he is your client, you found him... which I need a proper explanation of where you found the Director of the Golden Goose ....so you will be assisting Samantha with  that engagement party", MaryBeth said in an ordering tone stopping her in her tracks.
She turned and looked at her sister and gave her a smirk, " Hell No M! I don't believe in those happily ever after crap so don't pull that one on me! I'm doing the kid's party next weekend and Sam you take that one up".

" If you help us with this one and you pull it off brilliantly, you can go back to your dream job and you don't have to come back here ...otherwise I'll make sure you will be stuck here forever! Is it a deal or you will become a ribbon lady!?", MaryBeth smiled looking at her little sister with a look of victory on her face.