Working Things Out! VS. Fit Man!

Fitness Center: 12:00 PM

*************************

Mega Man really hadn't been thinking very clearly when he entered the teleporter. To tell the truth, he was still wondering how Bass could still consider himself an enemy to him. After all, Mega Man didn't dislike Bass. Why didn't he? That was one answer he couldn't produce.

Touching down, he found himself in what looked like a gymnasium. Something didn't seem right however, as the place was a ghost town, completely devoid of people. What was worse, the place was occupied to the brim with robotic enemies.

The balance beam he appeared to be on didn't exactly encourage sudden movements, as the only thing that would catch him if he were to fall would be an unusually colored pit of spikes, just as lethal as ever.

He made his way to a series of exercise balls that he had to do more balancing on. At times he slipped, having to cling tightly to the ball just to stay on it, not to mention the fact that the later balls moved up and down and had spikes pop out of them occasionally. Thankfully, those weren't lethal for reasons he didn't care to ponder.

After that, and having to do some real gymnastics with much bigger versions of those hoops that gymnasts used, he found himself dropping down into a very small room. Appearing out of nowhere was what looked to be a giant living water bottle with eyes. After Mega Man slid past the robot's attempts to stomp on him and punch him with his spindly fists, it turned red and boiling hot before jumping up and trying to pour out a scalding spray of water on him. Fortunately for the Blue Bomber, his spray was angled in a straight line. After a few repetitions of this, the bot went down after a few well-timed charged shots.

A pathway opened up to the right of him which took him outside to a setting that looked like a track and field racetrack. As he went forward, damaging hurdles started to appear. Further complicating matters was a giant robot of which he was very familiar: Big Eye. Copies of this robot greeted him as he progressed further trying to make him plow into their big bodies or trying to zap him with lasers. After a very tense time, he found himself At what he assumed was the door to the Robot Master. The room looked like a yoga mat set up, complete with calming music and a beautiful view of the outside city, or at least the part of it that wasn't destroyed.

He was greeted by was what looked like a robot bodybuilder in a blue muscle shirt. Strangely enough, was his voice that caught Mega Man off guard more than anything else...

"Welcome to my gym, little man," the Robot Master smiled. The voice was incredibly flamboyant, probably the last thing one would think would come out of such a masculine looking robot.

"So, did you come to work out?"

"N-No." He wasn't exactly sure to say to this guy.

"No? Well I'm Fit Man, and it's nice..." He trailed off as a note of recognition seemed to trail across his features. Fit Man smiled warmly. "Oh, you must be Mega Man! I've heard so much about you!"

The blue robot managed to regain his composure enough to look serious. "Then you know how this type of thing routinely ends. I don't want to fight you, Fit Man. Just stop this mayhem and get rid of all the spikes and assorted death traps so people can actually work out here and not risk dying in the process."

"Cute, but sorry little man. No dice. I have my orders."

Fit Man did a muscle making pose, saying, "I want to see how strong you are!"

The battle began with a punching bag coming down above Mega Man which he had to slide under. His adversary punched the bag so hard that it bounced over the room, occasionally producing and retracting damaging spikes as it went. While that was going on, Fit Man lunged at him every so often with a mighty punch as well as some acrobatic backflips. After plugging away at the muscleman with a few charged and non-charged shots, the enemy shifted his battle strategy. The bag went away, replaced with a treadmill appearing out of the floor.

"Now, let's work on your cardio!"

He wound up chasing after Fit Man on a treadmill floor, reminiscent of his encounter with Metal Man from Wily's second uprising. The difference was, instead of Metal Blades, he now had to dodge the hurdles that the enemy sent his way by his punching of the ground. Some more spiked this time, so needless to say, it wasn't fun. Eventually though, he got that last shot in.

Fit Man probably had the strangest last words of any Robot Master he ever faced.

"Be sure to work out at least three times a week!"

After getting Fit Man's weapon, he found a strange gift underneath the remains: a voucher for a year-long membership at the very gym he was in. He would have to keep this around. He didn't have any ideas of how to celebrate Dr. Light's birthday after all.

Weapon Get: Fit Flip

(Allows the user to do an invincible back flip. Can bounce off walls.)