Ch. 5 Train to Catch

Vale City

3rd Pov

District 7 Center of Town

Train to Mistral Departing in 15 min.

Spidey is swinging across the district its a little more difficult this time because now he is carrying a backpack full of supplies that he needs for the trip, but he needed to press on to get to the train station in District 4 before it departed.  

Y/n Pov

Well, it won't be long until I get on a one-way train to Mistral, and I always wanted to take a train, but...I can't get my talk with Yang out of my mind.  What was I thinking, I was so stupid saying that I understand whats she is going through.  Of course, I don't understand!  I was just dead set on convincing her to come with me, that I didn't think about whether or not she will be ready emotionally, I thought I can help her overcome her emotional trouble during our journey.  *Sigh* I now realize that healing spiritually is something you have to do alone and in own time.  All I can do now is hope she makes a quick recovery, and that I can see her again after all this is over.

3rd Pov

He swings through cities, the main plaza and stops on the roof to gather up his composure when he gets a call from his Spidey Phone, so after he starts to feel a little better he answers.

Spider-Man: Hello this is you friendly neighborhood webhead how may I help you?

Conductor: Hey Spidey, are you still on your way.

Spider-Man: Yeah I'm on my way.

Conductor: Awsome, having Spidey take one of our trains has really helped the business.  Are you sure you don't want to be upgraded to first class?

Spider-Man: Nah, I'm fine with, the second class area.  I would rather be with my fellow Vale citicens than some business tycoons.

Conductor: Alright then you're the boss, see you in a bit.

Spider-Man: Yeah see you in a bit, bye. *beep*

Spidey then looks, over to his right and looks at the populated city and sees that the people are acting like everything's fine, but Y/n could tell that they're living in fear of being punished by Oscorp soldiers, or worse.

Spider-Man: *Angry* I need to fix this.

Y/n continues to scan the plaza, however, his expression turns from anger to sorrow when he looks at the memorial plack, attached to the fountain.

In Memorium of the Hunters and Huntresses who gave their lives protecting our city.

Jaune Arc, Roy Stallion

Penny Polendina, Sun Wukong

Scarlet David, Dove Bronzewing

Octavia Ember, Andy Ironside

As he looks at the wall of fallen heroes, he feels that he failed them as Spider-Man, especially his best friend Jaune.  Jaune looked up to him, and he wasn't there when he needed him most.

*Flashback*

Y/n: Hey Jaune.

Jaune: Yeah?

Y/n: Why aren't you wearing your hoodie today?

Jaune: Oh its at the dry cleaners.

Y/n: The dry cleaners, won't it just be easier to just put it in the washing machine.

Jaune: Are you CRAZY, it will shrink if you put in the wash it will shrink.

*End of Flashback*

Y/n takes off his backpack unzips the front pocket to reveal Jaunes Punket Pete hoodie, he has been keeping it safe. It feels like this is all he has left of him.

Y/n: I'm sorry.

Timeskip

Spidey eventually reaches the train and is greeted by the very excited conductor.

Conductor: Spidey, you're here!

Spider-Man: Yeah sorry I'm late.

Conductor: Actually you're right on time. 

Spider-Man: Great, so which part of the train is the passenger side?

Conductor: The passenger cars are in the front and we will drop you, and the other passengers off at the public transit station, then we will go to Oscorp Robotics.

Spider-Man: Alright here's my ticket. *gives ticket*

Conductor: Alright welcome aboard, we will depart shorty.

Spidey then boards the train where he is greeted by a bunch of fans, which he genuinely and kindly greets them back, and grabs a handle and joins the standing passengers.

Civilian 1: Hey Spidey what brings you to Mistral?

Spider-Man: I got some business I need to attend to. Wow, that sounds a cliche, that you would hear in a bad movie sorry about that everyone.

Everyone: *Laughs*

Spider-Man: Hahaha...but in all seriousness I'm going to be working on something with Mistral Police Captain Watanabe. 

Civilian 2: You worried about going to Mistral?

Spider-Man: Nah, Mistral can't be any crazier than Vale, am I right!?

Everyone: *Laughs*

Meanwhile

Kingdom of Mistral

Town of Shione

Raven and her tribes are ransacking the village, and threating villagers with weapons.

Raven: Turn over every corner of this place, grab anything useful. 

Vernal: You heard the boss pick it up.

Upon hearing that the bandits start robbing people with more urgency.

Bandit 1: Hey hand over the purse lady!

Frightened Women: Oh god here take it, just please don't hurt me!

Bandit 2: Hey buddy hand over your wallet nice and easy!

However, the man does not give him his wallet.

Bandit: Hey you stupid or something I said to hand over the wallet!

Eddie: Look pal you do not want to do this trust me.

The Bandit just gets annoyed and walks over to him.

Bandit 2: Look buddy I don't know what the hell you're trying to pull here but I'm...

The man is cut off when out of know where Eddie's hand turns into this big black gooey fist, then he starts the grow as this black goo forms around him and eventually engulfed his face, sowing Eddies true power.  Upon seeing what Eddie had become the bandit was....for lack of a better word, shitting himself.

Venom: Eyes, lungs, pancreas, so many snacks so little time