Chapter 33

"B-Budo senpai!"Ayano says limping towards him ignoring the shouts of paramedics behind her.

"Ayano!" Budo runs to her too ignoring the yells of the police behind him. He immediately closes the gap between them and hugged her tightly. "Ayano I'm so glad you're okay! I thought I was going to lose you!" He says gripping onto her almost desperately.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I put you through this..." Ayano breathed. It seems bad luck always came there way but in the end they were always fine. She was filled with relief and happiness finally able to hold Budo like this. "Budo-senpai...I...I.." I love you. Was what she wanted to say, to confess her feelings at that moment but she felt her vision began to turn fuzzy. Everything was growing dark. Before she could utter another word or breathe a sigh of relief she grew limp in the boys arm. The sound of him calling her name briefly echoed in her mind.

_______________________________________________________________

"Young man, you need to leave this room immediately, it is not visiting hours." A nurse clad in white says sternly to Budo.

Budo was currently in Ayano's hospital room surrounded by vibrant flowers and cards. She had been treated all night by the doctor since she had been showing signs of strained breathing. But she was fine now with the doctor's care and seem to breathe more freely without restraint. Budo couldn't bare being apart from Ayano any longer so once the doctor left he simply went into the bed with her and held her hand. He saw it as an innocent gesture, but of course the nurse walking in didn't.

"Keh, if I'm not by her side when she wakes up she'll panic." Budo says glaring at nurse. He wasn't lying, Ayano would definitely panic once she woke up.

After the whole Satoru Orochi incident, he had developed a distaste for hospitals like Ayano did. Everything bad that happen to them seem to start at one. Although they weren't in the same hospital where that deranged doctor worked, he knew if she were to wake up alone in one, she would be terrified and try to escape. Budo was saving these nurses some trouble by staying with her.

"I don't care, it is our job to take care of the patient and you'll only be in the way. Leave before I call security." The nurse threatens and crosses her arms firmly.

Budo just clicked his tongue at this, he couldn't afford being kicked out of this hospital, Ayano would panic if he wasn't there. So for her sake he would play nice...for now. 

The Martial Arts leader leaned over to Ayano and kissed her cheek while gently squeezing her hand. He silently vowed he'll come running back as soon as the nurse left and with that he got off the bed. The nurse glared at him as he walked past her and then out the door. As soon as he was in the hallway the nurse slammed the door shut behind him.

"I hate hospitals." Budo growled in irritation.

"I never thought I hear that from our optimistic leader." A voice says coming down the hallway to him.

"Ah! Sho." Budo quickly turns and greets his friend, his attitude shifting automatically. "What are you doing here?"

Sho simply hands him over the morning newspaper with a picture of Ayano and Budo hugging behind the blazing restaurant on the front cover. "The media really likes you guys."

"Eh..!?" Budo quickly snatches the newspaper from him and felt himself blush at the picture of Ayano and him. Budo didn't see any news reporters last night but then again he wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings at the time. So much for privacy.

"Yeah, in the article it says that Aishi-san... is a hero..." Sho says lowly with narrowed brown eyes. "I'm surprised the media didn't jump on the story when she almost strangled me to death..."