Chapter 2

Note to Reader:  Sorry for the delay guys!  Holidays, family, etc. happened.  Anyway, hope everyone had a great holiday season!  And I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :).

********

Jagger

The sun in my eyes had me groaning and rolling over to avoid it.

I took a deep breath, reveling in the delicious scent I'd just rolled into.

Then I settled back in with a sigh, ready to catch maybe another hour of sleep before—

My eyes snapped open.

"Mac?" I called out, even though I already knew.

He wasn't in the cabin anymore.

I sat up, looking around anyway, a sharp stab of disappointment hitting me as I saw his clothes were all gone.

The only thing left of him was his scent and the scrapes left behind on me by his stubble.

When did he leave?

For that matter, how had I fallen asleep at all with a stranger? I had a hard time sleeping a hotel sometimes, let alone with someone I had essentially just met.

Never mind that it felt like I'd known him forever.

I fell back into the bed once more, disappointed that he left and irritated at myself for falling asleep at all.

He'd been skittish from the beginning.

I should have expected something like this.

I guess just didn't expect to feel so strongly about his clandestine departure.

When I'd first seen him step into the bar, I couldn't tear my eyes off his tall, lean frame.

He had the kind of body that reminded me of the old west and the fantasy of cowboys.

My favorite.

The worn in jeans and t-shirt could pass maybe, though he had beat up boots that didn't quite match that aesthetic.

But it wasn't about what he was wearing.

It was the unconscious swagger, the hint of brooding as he turned to the bar and took a seat.

He even ordered a whiskey neat, for God's sake.

I'd drawn closer to him without thinking.

And that was when his scent had hit me.

Wolf, young and healthy.

Strong.

Dominant.

And just plain mouthwatering.

As far as I knew, this was unclaimed territory, so I hadn't expected to run into wolves who weren't mine, especially not in a bar like the one we'd happened upon last night.

But there he was.

Gorgeous and oh so tempting.

I'd hesitated when I realized he was a wolf, considered the possible complications with that.

A human was a whole lot simpler in many ways.

But nobody else had caught my eye like he had.

And not just in the bar.

For a good while.

I had my hands full with the pack and just hadn't run into anyone that got me excited enough to expend time and energy.