Ch 21 - Plans

Wayo POV

"I would."

He clutches me closer, I wait. He will understand slowly, that he was mine and there was nothing about him that could make me stop loving him.

"My headaches... I've had them before." He starts slowly. "When I was in school..."

Seeing the pictures I knew I missed so much, I had them find information about him, I saw every picture, every detail they could get a hold of. I knew when he broke his arm falling from a tree, the day he and his brothers got into a fight saving a puppy; I even knew how much he weighed when he was born. But there had been nothing about headaches or being in a mental hospital.

"They stopped?"

"...after big treated." He answered reluctantly.

"What did they say was the cause?" I ask.

strangest thing, it shouldn't be happening after I turned him but it was.

"Is there more?" I ask when he doesn't answer.

He clutches me closer; as though he is scared I will run away.

"I...I ... hear voices." He says softly.

"Voices?"

"Someone in my head ...telling me things."

"What kind of things?" I ask curiously.

"The voice... it said, my pretty Nong Yo."

I feel a sharp pain in my chest, I try to move back so I can look at him but he won't let go. But I need to know.

"The voice...did it tell you to say what you said this morning? About locking me in a room?"

"Yes..."

I can't breathe, I want to stand and think but he's holding me so tight. I try to take in air; he can't be saying what I think he is. Can he?

"You will forget me P'Pha."

"I'm only going away for three days."

"You will."

"I could never forget you, my Nong Yo." He pulled me closer and kissed me. "Not even a million years could make me."

"What if you had an accident and lost your memory." I ask near tears. "What if..."

"I would find a way, Yo." He laughed, kissing me again. "I would always find my way to you."

The memory still fresh in my mind, he always said these things, always. I hug him when I feel him shaking, kissing the top of his head to reassure him. I told him before, but I know he doesn't realise what it could be. I have to take him to see Her.

You cannot hurry this, do not bring him when you wish, Young Master Wayo. Wait until he agrees to come. You both have important threads tied to you, impatience will cause more trouble and heartbreak then you know.

"Yo, do you...you don't want to be with someone...like me?"

I will say it as many times as you need to hear it before you believe me. "I do."

His eyes are watery as he puts his head back on my shoulder, keeping me close.

"Beloved, I know you don't believe me but I think...maybe it's... I need you to meet someone who may have the answers."