Losing Control

David scowled as wiped the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand whilst his twin mimicked the action with a twisted smirk on his face. He'd always hated that, how they would mirror each other's actions without trying. But what could he do, they were basically the same person.

"Not bad Davey, not bad at all."

"Oh please, I know you haven't been putting in effort just like you know I haven't been either. So cut the shit."

"Quite the potty mouth you got there, something going on at home?"

David growled as he engaged his brother in combat yet again. But like before they just simply mimicked each other's techniques and knew how to block and deflect each attack. Or so Daniel thought.

Somehow David had managed to kick his feet from under him and now had him pinned to the ground with his own dagger being held above his head. It was all so...funny.

"You gonna do it this time Davey? Huh? You gonna me like you did our mother you little sick fuck?!"

David growled and brought the knife down directly next to his face before repeatedly punching him in the face. Daniel smiled throughout the entire ordeal. When his brother was finished, he spit out a wad of blood and let out a groan.

"Oh man, even when you hold back you're still one tough s.o.b."

"Just stop okay?! For once Daniel, just fucking stop!! Why are you even here?!"

"Why are you?"

"I'm here to get my son back!!"

"You mean get him killed? Because that's what's going to happen if you continue down this path."

"What are you talking about?"

"What, I gotta spell it out for you? This is Uncle Ed's doing. You do this and you'll be playing right into his hands."

"You're lying. Why the hell would he do this? He's a sick fuck but not this sick."

"You've always underestimated him and that's why your son is even in this predicament."

"Oh bullshit!!"

"Who brought him into this life David?! You!! Who's been disobeying our uncle?! You!! This is ALL your fault!!"

"That's why I have to get him back!!"

"By going in blind and possibly getting yourself and him killed?! You know she's volatile!! She wouldn't hesitate to murder in a heartbeat let alone you. And then what, you died for nothing and Max never gets out, leaving poor Gwen to bear your child alone. And that's only if she doesn't miscarry or get killed herself."

David was starting to calm down as all these new outcomes began to race around his mind. But he couldn't just leave him here. He needed him back. He needed to see his little face safe and sound back at home.

"You'll also run the risk of him fearing you."

"Max could never be afraid of me or Gwen. In case you haven't realized, he kinda loves us."

"No? So you think that an abuse victim wouldn't be afraid of his adopted father if he just rushed in and slaughtered his biological mother in front of him?"

He tensed. When you put it that way, it made it sound horrible. And that's because it was. He couldn't go in there and snap the bitch's neck or slaughter her like cattle even though he really wanted to. It'd scar the boy for the life and also run the risk of Max fearing him. Not. An. Option.