16 | ferris wheel

i managed to finish my ice cream cone, although it was quite uncomfortable throughout the process of eating it because chaeyoung was glancing back and forth between all of us.

"can we go on the ferris wheel now?" somi asked, maybe for the millionth time.

we stood in line for the tickets, and realized that each car could fit four people.

"wait, we have nine people, are we just going to make one person ride alone?" jisung said.

"that one person will probably be you," felix joked, earning a round of laughter.

"guys. remember i told you i had an idea?" chaeyoung suddenly stepped forward.

"yeah, you kept telling us to eat the ice cream," hyunjin said.

"and that, was the point," chaeyoung continued. "i already split us up into pairs by order of who finished their ice cream first."

"seriously?" felix threw his hands up in the air. "that was your idea?"

"mhm. at least you all got ice cream," chaeyoung grinned.

"so, there's still going to be one person riding alone," chan assumed.

chaeyoung shook her head. "there will be a group of three."

"okay, so what are the groups?" i asked, just wanting to avoid being in the same car as hyunjin.

chaeyoung's grin widened as everyone started to anticipate who they were grouped with.

"first, felix and chan."

"oi, aussie bro," chan fist-bumped felix.

"me and hyunjin."

"why you, noona?" hyunjin complained.

"minjoo and seungmin."

"ayy," i gave seungmin a high five.

"somi, dahyun, and jisung."

"oho, that's gonna be one chaotic car," chan said.

no one seemed to be unsatisfied with their groups, so we decided to just go with them.

however, the problem was waiting in line to get inside a car. it moved very slow because it took a while for each group to exit the car, then for the next group to enter it.

after an eternity, we finally reached the front of the line.

"we're going first!" felix said, skipping happily to the car with chan.

"we'll go next," chaeyoung pulled an unamused hyunjin to the next car.

"you guys can go-"

"nO, i'm scared!" jisung hid behind dahyun.

i looked at seungmin and shrugged, and we entered the next car.

we sat across from each other and waited for the wheel to move, mostly because we wanted to see jisung's reaction when it was his turn to get in the car.

i flinched a little when the car moved forward with a clunk.

"are you afraid of heights?" seungmin asked, looking genuinely worried.

"a little," i said. "but i've been up the empire state building, so this shouldn't be too bad."

"alright."

"it's not my first time-"

"AHH!" jisung screamed as the wheel moved again, cutting off my sentence.