Chapter 7.

(Whilst you're reading, a good song to listen to might be All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran, don't usually recommend songs for chapters but I feel the song is just right. Thanks and enjoy the chapter)

The distant air of war, the sound of screaming soldiers and the cold wind that encased me had all seemed to vanish as Harry became my sole focus. His lips, soft and gentle were still on mine and even though everything had happened so fast, I felt overjoyed at his affection as he kissed me continously and so passionately it felt as if he'd never stop.

If anyone had told me a year ago that Harry, my best friend would tell me he loved me in a more than friendly way and would be kissing me like this I would've laughed in their face, told them they were wrong and maybe even ridiculed them at such a statement. But now, here I was as if I had no care in the world letting his mouth move with mine as I followed his lead.

His hands moved slowly from their gentle hold around my face towards my hips, his grip firm as he tried to further our encounter. However, it was this gesture that brought me back to reality, the weight of the world crashing down on me all too sudden. I was suddenly aware of my surroundings and suddenly felt guilty that I had betrayed my position as a nurse.

"Harry, no" I spoke, trying to push him away from me. My hands moved to his firm chest as I pushed him anxiously and frantically away from me.

He eventually got the message as he pulled away and stepped backwards slightly. His mood, had not haltered however as he grinned at me, almost smug about our previous actions.

"Harry" I sighed, causing him to look at me in concern.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked.

"I just, what if we were caught? I'd be in so much trouble Harry" I explained, but he still appeared to not understand my worries.

"I think it was well worth the risk, Lily" he boasted, a smirk on his face.

"Stop being so obnoxious" I told him.

"Hey! I'm not obnoxious" he spoke, starting to raise his voice. I just rolled my eyes and sighed as I realised I'd probably taken my uncertainty out on him too much.

"Okay, sorry. I'm just worried" I tried to reason.

"Lily, come on, come and sit down" he suggested leading me over to a little patch of grass nearby. I perched on the grass, a little concerned as the moisture on it was sure to make my dress damp. Harry was sat next to me and moved himself closer, putting his arm around me so it was at the bottom of my back.

"Why are you worried?" he queried. I thought about his question as I picked on some grass and then moved one of the pieces through my fingers.

"Because, I've already been told to stay away from you and I was just so overwhelmed by what you were doing that I thought it would be wise to kiss you back. And truth be told, I liked it. I regret it but I want to kiss you again, if that makes any sense whatsoever". I knew my words made little sense but I hoped that Harry may pick up on what I meant.

"So what you're saying is you enjoyed the kiss and you'd love to feel me do that again but you regret doing it under circumstances such as.. this?" He gestured to the surroundings as he spoke exactly what I was thinking.

"Yes" I whispered and nodded.

He chuckled lightly. "Well I'm glad you liked it Lily, we'll have to do it again sometime when we're not in such a bad place or if you'd like we could go sneak into the woods over there and have another go?" he laughed, pointing to the small wooded area at the back of the camp.

"Harry" I scolded him.

"What?" he spoke in a high pitched voice.

"You know exactly what" I told him, with a stern look.