1

Zelda sits on the couch in her living room, watching the woman talk, but the words leaving her mouth go unheard by Zelda. Sabrina seems to be captivated by the brunette teacher, who recently outed herself as an excommunicated witch. Bullshit, Zelda thinks.

She notices the secret glances the other woman sends her way, but keeps it to herself. It amuses her how the woman's eyes keep coming back to roam her body in the belief that it goes unnoticed by the ginger witch. She takes a drag from her cigarette and blows out the air slowly.

"Your niece truly is an amazing student," Ms. Wardwell says and directs her attention towards the ginger, staring at her with those ocean blue eyes.

"Why should I care about her grades in a mortal school? Nothing interesting. I don't even know why she's still going to that school," Zelda says and takes another drag. One day they will be the end of her but until then she'd make the most of the moment.

"I have friends there..." Sabrina throws in and Zelda just rolls her eyes.

"You could have friends at the Academy, too if you tried," Zelda says and flicks the ash of her cigarette into the ash tray on the side table. She feels Ms. Wardwell's eyes on her body, watching her every move. Zelda smiles and makes sure to move purposely slowly.

"But I don't want new friends. I love my old ones," Sabrina whines and Zelda still doesn't understand her niece's motivations, but isn't up for another discussion about the topic that seemed to follow her like a disease.

"Whatever," Zelda says and dismisses her niece with a flick of her wrist.

Her eyes wander towards the brunette and Ms. Wardwell seems to show no shame at being caught staring at the ginger.

"And you... What makes you teach mortals? As a witch?" Zelda mocks the other woman, knowing that it would cause some kind of reaction. Whatever reaction it may be, Zelda loves to tease the hell out of this woman.

"I enjoy teaching young souls..." the woman says with a wicked smile, making Zelda shift in her seat.

"Sure..." Zelda says and the tension between them isn't something to be ignored. She throws her head back, closing her eyes. The consumed alcohol is taking its toll on her and she feels the effect of the liquid burning in her veins.

"That's why you're excommunicated?" Zelda mocks again, cocking her head to the side and swirling her wine glass.

"No," Ms. Wardwell practically hisses. The woman sure has a temper that much is obvious to anybody around her.

"Oh, no reason to get all grumpy. I was just teasing..." Zelda laughs and takes another sip of her wine.

"Glad you find it entertaining," Ms. Wardwell says through gritted teeth. Zelda knows that this is a very sensible topic. Even her sister doesn't like talking about her excommunication and that just makes it even more fun while rubbing it in. No wonder the short tempered brunette doesn't like the teasing at all.

"Why did you come again?" Zelda asks, not sure why the teacher joined them. Must have been something about Sabrina...

"I was invited by your niece," Ms. Wardwell says and crosses her delicate legs, leaning back into the couch. Her skirt reveals enough to make Zelda lust for more, but she knows better than to give in to her desires and longings. Giving in is for losers and she sure likes to win.

The two women stare at each other and the things that are left unsaid are felt by both of them. The tension between them is just as thick as Zelda's barrier to keep others away and the electricity in the room is prickling away on Zelda's skin.

She can't contain the smile forming on her lips and Ms. Wardwell just smirks back. Zelda can feel it, yet she doesn't act on it. Oh, she never has. Acting on your feelings is for weak people and she has never been keen on admitting to her own weaknesses.

"Yes, I told you about it," Sabrina interrupts the moment between them and Zelda looks at her niece in amusement.

"What times is it?" Zelda asks, feeling the need to go to bed.

"Just past ten," Ms. Wardwell answers without even glancing at the clock. Her eyes are still fixated on Zelda and the witch certainly enjoys the extra attention.

"Oh, so late? It's way past your bed time," Zelda says and even though her words are directed at the teenager, her eyes stay glued to the brunette. Two can play this game.

"But auntie..." Sabrina protests but knows that there is no such thing as winning against her aunt.

"Off you go," Zelda says sternly and with a huge sigh, Sabrina disappears into the direction of her room.

"It's getting awfully late, Ms. Wardwell," Zelda says once the two of them were left alone.

"Oh, a woman of your age has to abide to bed times?" Ms. Wardwell mocks, knowing fully well that Zelda is not a woman to abide to any rules.

"No, but I do need my sleep. This face doesn't stay young on its own," she says and sees a spark in those blue eyes. Her stomach is fluttering and the chemistry between the witches is undeniable.

"I don't see any problem in sleeping..." Ms. Wardwell says with a dangerous smirk and Zelda feels excitement shoot through her body. She hadn't had the attention of anybody in so long that she has forgotten how it feels to be desired.

"Well, then I hope you can find your way to your bed," Zelda says and breaks the connection by standing up. She enjoyed the game as long as it was still fun. Now it's becoming a dangerous game that could cost her a lot if she wasn't careful.

"I see," Ms. Wardwell says and rises from her seated position.

The brunette follows Zelda towards the door where the two of them stare at each other intensely, none of them wanting to look away first. The whole evening they had played a game of control. Who has the upper hand and who doesn't?

"I'll see you soon," Ms. Wardwell says and Zelda just nods, closing the door without breaking eye contact.

As soon as Ms. Wardwell and her stupid blue eyes disappeared from her sight, Zelda sighs deeply. What on earth was that?

---

So this is the first chapter of a multichapter fanfiction, but it won't be nearly as long as Black Magic Women. This could be a slow update story... I don't know yet!