6

Zelda enters her front door, furious with the way the evening turned out, and finds Hilda kissing her mortal lover, stopping dead in her tracks. She just stares at the embarrassed couple and Hilda breaks away immediately and turns a deep shade of red, while Dr. Cerberus just hides behind the blonde awkwardly.

"Uhm Zelda, what are you doing back so early?" Hilda asks, trying to sound confident when she is everything but that.

"I could ask you exactly the same thing, Hilda," Zelda hisses and Dr. Cerberus just nods and says, "I take that as my cue to leave. See you tomorrow."

Hilda just brushes her hand over his arm and nods at him reassuring, not daring to give him a proper goodbye. After all Zelda seems pretty angry and she doesn't want to add anything to the fury that was storming across her face, for everyone to see. Zelda waits until the door falls shut behind him to unleash the storm, Hilda knows is coming her way.

"What in Satan's name were you thinking when you brought him here?" Zelda hisses and takes one threatening step towards Hilda, who cowers away at the prospect of being killed by her sister yet again.

"I didn't mean anything bad," she tries to reason with her sister but she has picked up on her bad mood by now and should know better than to try reasoning with the short tempered witch. Her sister was in no mood to argue and so the next move doesn't surprise her at all.

Zelda reaches for the heavy metal lamp resting on the board in their hallway and wants to swing it at Hilda when the blonde shrieks and says, "I'm not the reason you're angry so kill her and not me."

Zelda stops in her tracks, looking at her sister in utter shock. "What did you just say?"

She couldn't have found out, could she? No, she made sure to hide it very well. There is no way Hilda could have found out.

"I know about you and Ms.Wardwell," Hilda says and straightens up. For a moment she isn't sure if having revealed her secret was such a smart idea after all. Zelda's chest heaves and falls rapidly as her mind tries to register what her sister just said.

She knew. She had probably know for quite some time. There are million thoughts racing through Zelda's head at that moment but she can't focus on anything besides the burning rage at the mention of her name.

Her eyes dart around the room, the heavy lamp still high up in the air. The tears are threatening to fall and she knows it won't be long before they do.

Her sister knows. She knows. Who else does? Mary. So angry. Urgh!

All the while Hilda watches her sister unfold right in front of her, not believing her eyes. She saw the confusion, the hurt, the anger and the fear. Right before she saw Zelda take the lamp into both hands and swing it right into her direction, or at least what Hilda presumes to be her direction.

She just hears the sizzling as the lamp flies through the air and closes her eyes, expecting to wake up in the Cain pit but instead she just hears a loud crash and a terrifying scream.

When she opens her eyes, she isn't as expected in the Cain pit with the biggest headache since her last death, but still right in front of her sister, who just slumps to the ground, crying freely.

She turns her head to the right and sees the hole in the wall, where the lamp crashed into only seconds earlier and looks back at her sister, shocked at the sudden display of emotions. She doesn't have to think long about what to do next and just hurries to her side, wrapping her strong arms around the weak body of the ginger.

"Everything is going to be okay," she whispers into her hair and brushes her hand over Zelda's back soothingly.

"How did you know?" Zelda asks and Hilda sighs, so it was about the dark haired woman.

"You aren't as good at placing hickeys as she is and when I went to her office to talk about Sabrina's school work, she was rather surprised to see me. I saw the hickeys and something else... I didn't want to see it but the images just flashed at me. There was nothing I could do. I have known for a few weeks," Hilda says and Zelda just snuggles into the comforting embrace, something she would have never done if it hadn't been truly nerve wracking.

"Why didn't you say something?"

"I wanted to wait until you felt ready to tell me. I covered up for you whenever Sabrina was asking questions and she believes me when I tell her you're at the church or at the Academy."

It feels good to see this side of her sister. Sometimes Hilda worries that the character of her sister was fully spoiled rotten by the events that had occurred over the past few centuries and to see that the vulnerable side of her was still there, hidden deep down, comforted her.

"Do you want to talk about it, love?" she asks and places her chin on top of Zelda's head, feeling every sob that goes through her body.

"No. Yes. I don't know," Zelda says and truly doesn't know if she wants to talk about this with somebody. Talking isn't exactly her thing and especially not about her feelings. Lord forbids she ever talks about it with Hilda.

"She knows I misses her," she just bursts out and confusion spreads through Hilda. Her sister is a riddle to her that she has yet to solve and so the sentence struck her as rather strange.

"And what is so bad about that?"

"It's just sex. I'm not supposed to miss her," Zelda says, her voice barely audible through the sobs.

"But you are... so it isn't just sex for you, is it?" Hilda asks and she knows that on any other day that alone would have killed her.

"I don't know what this is for me. I just know that I feel something and now she knows that there is more to this than just sex," Zelda says and Hilda feels sympathy spread through her when there should be none. After all her sister had spent a great time of her life making sure hers was miserable.

"I was just so overwhelmed that I practically ran away and told her that I didn't want to see her for some time," she says and breaks into even heavier sobs. Hilda is just thankful that neither Sabrina nor Ambrose are home to see Zelda like this. The ginger would never get over the embarrassment.

"But what is so wrong about it? Maybe she feels some things, too," Hilda says and hopes that Zelda is able to think straight and acknowledge that her words actually makes sense.

"I wasn't exactly honest with her..."

"What did you do?" Hilda can clearly see that the guilt is eating away at her sister and guilt isn't one of the common emotion for Zelda Spellman so she just hopes that her sister didn't do anything too stupid for once.

"We never spoke about what this is and what this means so one thing lead to another and- Faustus- he was so sweet and kind and I was so drunk and then- I didn't want to, I seriously didn't but we slept with each other while I was technically seeing Mary," Zelda sobs into Hilda's chest and the British woman just shakes her head slightly.

"Oh Zelds," she says and tries to think of a possible solution to their little problem.

"You know that you need to tell her, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"I don't know what to do Hilda..."

"Do you think you might be feeling more for her?"

"I think so, yeah," Zelda admits and Zelda nods slowly.

"Then show her. Make sure she knows if she is anything like I imagine her to be, then she'll understand," Hilda says and Zelda finally hugs her back, calm and somewhat collected again.

"Thank you," she says and Hilda knows she means it. That is all she ever wanted to hear and somehow it doesn't feel nearly as satisfying as she imagined it to.