5

Zelda takes a drag of her cigarette, sitting on Mary's bed after a passionate session of love making. It became a weekly, sometimes even daily, routine for them. Zelda would drop by late at night, when her family wouldn't notice her absence, and they'd spend the night together as one. Zelda would be gone before the sun had shown its first beams of light and Mary would never complain.

The sheet is draped across her middle and Mary comes out of the adjoining bathroom, smiling at her. She quite enjoys the delicate sight. She likes the image of Zelda on her bed and the image of Zelda without any clothes on even better.

She throws herself onto the bed, softly stroking Zelda's thighs in a loving way. The purple marks, she would leave as a reminder of what they share, are only on places, where Zelda can easily hide them, an agreement both made after their first night of primal want left Zelda questioned by her family. Mary loves the sight of her marks on Zelda's body though and so she renews them every single time.

"When will you go?" Mary asks and smears the red lip stick stains across the inside of her thighs absently.

"Soon. Hilda might check in on me when she comes back home from her date and I don't want her to find me missing," Zelda says and begins to play with the brown tresses on Mary's head. She loves the wild look of them but would never admit it. Just as much as she would never admit that she actually misses Mary when the two of them aren't together.

"But you only just came," Mary complains and draws circles around the lipstick stains, branding the ginger like a tattoo. Mary decides she likes the secret tattoo. They will make sure everyone knows that Zelda is not to be touched.

They never talked about this but Mary can't stand the thoughts of someone else's hands on Zelda's porcelain skin, someone else's hand making her scream in pleasurably pain. No she can't let that happen.

"I know, but I don't want to raise her suspiciousness and besides we had three rounds. Aren't you at least a bit exhausted?" Zelda chuckles slightly and Mary just smirks at the ginger.

"Getting you off is my new favorite hobby," she says and earns a frown and mocking laughter from Zelda.

"Sure. Then you should get used to less of this. Hilda and I will be busy with funerals the next few weeks and I don't know how often I'll be able to come," Zelda mentions and Mary sighs in disappointment.

She would have never said it out loud but she grew so accustomed to their meetings that she feels lonely when Zelda isn't in her bed when she falls asleep.

"Maybe I could come over? For a change?" Mary dares and is prepared for a rejection of her proposal. She tried it more than just once but Zelda doesn't approve of their romance being moved to her house.

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"You heard me, didn't you?"

"Yes, I just can't believe that you would actually agree to it!"

"It's not like you have never been over before," Zelda says and dumps her halfway finished cigarette in the ash tray that Mary placed on her night table especially for the ginger. It annoyed the brunette that ash would burn her beige carpet and she didn't want Zelda to leave the bedroom for a smoke either, so one day she just made an ash tray magically appear.

"I haven't been over since we started our get togethers." Mary raises her eyebrows and Zelda knows that she is right. She forbid every kind of contact in her house once they started doing it more often. The last thing the witch needs is her family finding out about this.

After all Mary is Sabrina's teacher and her given that Mary is Sabrina's favorite teacher, Zelda really doesn't want this whole thing to blow up in her face. Her family would never let her hear the end of this.

"I don't know why that is," Zelda says, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible but she immediately sees on the brunette's face that it wasn't even nearly enough to convince her.

"Come on. You made it clear that you want me nowhere near your house. I mostly meet Sabrina at my office or in town because of your paranoia of getting caught and now I should come over all of a sudden? It gives me the slight impression that you're missing me."

Zelda's cheeks redden at the right assumption and a huge smile creeps onto Mary's face. The blushing is enough confirmation for her. The ginger actually misses her and somehow she couldn't be happier about it.

"You miss me!" she says and pokes Zelda's nose, spilling oil into the fire.

"I don't." Zelda hisses and removes herself from Mary's loving touch. It suddenly feels suffocating to her. All this time she was okay with just sex but now she can't deny that there might be more and Zelda doesn't know if she wants more.

She starts dressing even though Hilda might not be home for a good hour and Mary sits up, watching her in confusion. Sure Zelda is a strange woman and the brunette doesn't even start trying to understand her but she can't see the wrong in her statement.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"I need to go."

"You didn't answer my question."

Zelda ignores the nudging of the brunette and just wants to leave the woman and all the problems she symbols behind. Zelda doesn't like thinking about her feelings, never did and probably never will and Mary symbolizes a lot of mixes messages, she doesn't want to confront herself with, at the moment.

Zelda hasn't even been able to think about this and now Mary knows that there is more to the story than just the occasional sex and comfort they provided for each other. Zelda doesn't even know what she should think or feel and definitely isn't ready to talk about it with the one person these new... feelings concern.

"I don't have to answer your questions, Mary." Her voice is cold and distant, her feelings trying to bubble up and take the upper hand but she holds a firm grip on her resentment instead.

"Yeah, just run away. That's what you do best after all," the brunette mumbles under her breath but Zelda hears it and she wants to say something against it, defending herself, but what is there to say? Mary is right. She does run away as soon as something gets complicated or serious but she doesn't know any different.

Zelda finally finds her last shoe and smooths out her dress, trying to get herself to calm down and giving her slightly shaking hands something to do. With an icy glare she finally faces Mary again and tries to ignore the glazed over blue orbs that are such a big contrast to the dark brown tresses.

"It's probably best if you don't come over and we don't see each other for a while," she says and Mary just snorts.

"Yeah, just go," she says and shakes her head in disbelief. She turns away from the ginger and something inside of Zelda breaks at the sight. She never wanted things to go this way...

There is so much more that Zelda wants to tell her but she struggles to find the right words. She opens her mouth but nothing comes out. The usual well worded woman can't find anything to say and so she turns and leaves, not seeing the one tear that makes its way down Mary's face.

The first relationship that makes her feel safe and equal breaking apart right in front of her yet again, Mary thinks and screams into her pillow as soon as the door falls shut behind the witch.

---

Sorry for the long wait but I'm back with an update! I hope to get them out more frequently in the future!