CHAPTER ONE

MILANS POV

This was it my first day at work and I was beyond excited. As I walked out of my apartment complex, I had a skip in my step and a very large smile on my face. I had received an email about a week ago from Oakland enterprises saying I got the job. Now the day has finally come. As I entered the main company building my eyes almost popped right out of my head. The inside was extraordinary. I decide to stop admiring the place and ask the receptionist where the head of the communications office was.

"hello please could you show me to the communications office," I asked the receptionist kindly

"Right this way" she responded

As we walked to the elevator I began to grow nervous. I was so deep in thought I didn't notice we had reached our destination.

"Right this way mam," the receptionist said as she directed me to the head of the communications office.

As we drew closer I got even more nervous. I just wanted to turn on my heal like a coward. then the receptionist's voice once again pulled me out of my thoughts again.

"This your first day?"

Yah it is, is it that obvious?

"No, I just noticed you zoning out a littl, don't worry it's not as bad as it looks"

With that, she left me at the front of the head of the department office. I took a deep breath and nocked. I waited for a little then I heard a faint come in and that was my go-ahead. I walked in and I was met by a middle-aged lady sitting at her desk doing some paperwork.

I cleared my thoughts to announce my presence. She looked up in my direction then a smile grew o her face.

"You must be my new assistant, its lovely to finally meet you," she said as she welcomed me to a chair and gave me a handshake.

Thank you, it's lovely to meet you too,

"Well I Mrs Mary and you'll be my assistant. Your job will be to come with me to meetings, help me out with emails, do my reports, book meetings, get me coffee, get me lunch, you know those kinds of things so this is what I need you to do for me today"

She gave an outline of what I need to do by the end of the day. I was about to stand and figure all these things out but she stopped me.

"Oh dear, me I forgot to tell Ann to show you your office, just give me a minute and ill be right back" she said as she walked out the door.

she's a very sweet lady, I wouldn't expect her to work at such a place and as ahead of the department. Interesting.

I waited for a few minutes then Mrs Mary walked in with Ann I believe. She looked like a nice lady but I could tell by the way she was looking at me no friendship was going to be born between us.

"Milan this is Ann, Ann this is Milan, my new assistant, I would like you to show her around and to her office"

"Okay let's go," Ann said

Okay, let me grab my bag. as we walked to my office she said nothing to me and I was fine with it coz she didn't seem t be enjoying this.

"This is your office, you have a printer a computer and everything you'll need. The lounge is down the hall the last door to your right and the washrooms to the left got it." I nodded my head.

Then she began to walk away. Just as she was about to turn the corner she said: "Cafeteria is on the third floor and we are on the tenth" then she disappeared.

This I just great making enemies already. I walked into my office and it was beautiful I looked around as I admired it but it was so plain. ill probably get some flowers to brighten it up. But I need to get to work.

Hi people how did you like the first chapter.

Remember to like and comment

xoxo