Content In The Mystery That Is Your Untouchable Skin

Content in the mystery that is your untouchable skin

"You looking for her today?" Edna bellowed as she worked on her newspaper crossword.

"You know I am," I said while dusting off the chair next to her. "I have to.."

Edna sighed and shook her head. I sat with my back against the rail. Edna looked over the balcony, like she did every thirty minutes, and sighed again. "She's coming."

I whipped my head around to see her, the nameless girl who has been haunting my dreams and invading my thoughts. Her unblemished, ebony skin was draped in blush pink lace, starting across her breast and falling to her ankles like silk on a misty spring morning. A glance was all I needed of her. Usually, that's all I got. She moves swiftly, so quick that a blink could cause you to miss her. From what I saw, she always had somewhere important to be. Or at least that's how it seemed because she was so focused on where she was headed. I knew she would never slow for me.

I was intrigued by her mystery. Occasionally I'd think about attempting to get her attention, but I don't know her name nor what I'd say, so it never happened. I'm content with knowing that, though. As long as she passed me every day on her way to wherever she went, I was satisfied.

- ivy