Rune

{Chapter: 1}

__________

'Run'. I told my self to keep running, even if my lungs were giving out. 'Don't stop'. My legs were aching. 'Keep going'.

My feet felt like mush. I ran into an alleyway. At the time it seemed like a good idea, because at the time I was running away from IDA. Or 'Immediate Defense Action'.

Someone had apparently called in and complained about me stealing some clothes from their home. I had already gotten arrested several times, too much in fact. I could'nt afford one more arrest. The alley took a turn and at the end of the turn was a fence. Nice height. I ran into the alley and began climbing the fence. I could hear the IDA running after me and getting closer. At the top of the fence, I looked back to see them turning in my direction. "Crap..". I jumped down from the fence and, once again, turned the corner. Around the corner was the freeway surrounded by a few apartment buildings and houses. 6 houses down was a blue one, someone had just hung up their clothing. I ran to the house quickly and plucked down a green jacket and a white tee. I immediately removed my current jacket and shirt and replaced them with the new ones. Great. I'm being chased for stealing clothes and I hide by stealing more. I speed-walked over to the door pretending as if this was my house. I could only hope they would'nt notice. Luckily, the IDA passed me right by, but not before looking around a little. It took all I had in me to not run away. As they went away I let out a relieved sigh. "Damn, finally. They were on my asses the whole day....". I had only a few minutes to get out of here. If anyone were to see me I would've been dead before you could say 'Aloha'. I quickly gathered my old clothes, deciding to keep the new ones, and ran off to my grandmother's house. Surely, when I got there, she would probably yell at me for the trouble. "Mace? Mace do you hear me? Did you get away from the IDA?".

The radio in my wrist-watch stuttered with the voice of Carla, back over at my place. She was in charge of making sure I was okay and telling my grandmother if anything happened. "Yea....yea i'm okay.". I panted from running. Once again my lungs were giving out."And please stop checking in? Okay, you are not my babysitter. And tell grandma that i'll be over at her place in a few minutes.". "Yea sure okay, stop complaining Mace I get paid for this."

Carla the annoying prick, queen of all annoying pricks. The radio checked out and I arrived at my Grandma's.