Chapter 8. Don't be mad.

Arthur would come in the room to get me food or a drink but he would never linger.

Finally, one rainy day, I grabbed Arthur's sleeve after he had given me a drink.

"Why are you so mad?" I ask directly.

"Let me think..." Arthur gave me a look.

"You should be happy I'm alive." I said.

Ah not the best choice of words.

"Alive? Robin, you were actin' stupid because you wanted to get a shot on Micah so you stood in the open. Sadie told me how it happened. You need to use you head!" Arthur said seriously.

"I did use my head! It just went a little wrong." I sat up to sitting position.

"No you didn't. You should've hid behind a crate or something and then took the shot. You got an unnecessary injury now." Arthur looks out the window at the rain.

"So you would've done better?" I hiss.

"Yes! I've been doin' this my whole life, Rob. You haven't. You could barely shoot a gun when you first came here!" Arthur said.

Well ouch.

"Why do you have to be so mean?" I ask, getting defensive.

"Because with you I have to be blunt. Just something I have to do. And you almost got killed cause you wanted to get revenge. Is that right?" Arthur turned to me, his blue eyes shooting daggers.

He got me there.

"Yes..." I crossed my arms.

"Thank you. That's all I wanted to hear. Now get some rest." Arthur patted my arm then walked out.

He had never spoken to me like that. Arthur never had to get on to me and that shook me up a little.

He had every right to, I guess. I was acting like an idiot.
I wasn't thinking.
Just wanted to get revenge and it went wrong.

I laid my head on the pillow and soon fell asleep.

---------

Arthur had woken me up early to take a type of medicine.

"No." I looked at his blue eyes.

"Robin..." Arthur gave me a firm look.

"It's gonna be gross." I cross my arms.

"Okay? Just take it." Arthur held the glass bottle of liquid towards me.

"No!" I clamped my mouth shut.

Arthur looked just tired of dealing with me now. Who wants to take that gross ass medicine?

"Robin Morgan, you're gonna take this." Arthur said seriously.

I smiled inside at the thought of my last name being Morgan.

".... Okay." I opened my mouth slightly.

Arthur dipped the cold bottle opening in my mouth and I felt the disgusting freezing liquid in my mouth over my tongue.
I swallowed it.
(Hmm thats what she said)

"Blah." I stuck my tongue out after drinking the gross medicine.

Arthur tightens the cap on the bottle and sets it on the desk.

"That'll help ya." Arthur nodded.

"Love you." I hissed.

Arthur chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Don't be mad." Arthur said, making me flare up.

"mAd?! You were the one just chewing me out yesterday." I crossed my arms again.

"Not this again." Arthur sat on the end of the bed.

I stared at him for a moment.

"You're beautiful." I said after awhile.

Arthur got up, chuckling a bit.

"Thank you. Now get some sleep." Arthur said.

I eased myself up and put my feet around the bed on the floor.

"No-no-no." Arthur softly touched my shoulders.

"Fack off. Lemme up." I move his hands.

Fear of hurting me, Arthur watched as I finally got up and winced a small bit before I stood up straight.

"You need to rest." I hear Arthur murmur.

I smile and limp one step towards him before he came all the way to me and stood there.

"Robin, you're gonna get the wound all pestered up again." Arthur said.

I didn't answer but instead grabbed his arms and wrapped then around my waist and put my arms around his neck.

"Why... you gotta do things like this and distract me." Arthur whispered.

I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Because I don't wanna rest. I wanna be with you." I said.

"I wanna be with you too. We always will be together. But right now we can't do anything-"

"Lean down." I said looking up at him.

"What?"

"Lean down." I say again.

He rolls his eyes then leans down a bit. I kissed him and smiled as he quickly falls in the kiss.

He pulls back after a small bit and sighs.

"Y... yeah. Okay. Will you rest now?" Arthur asks.

"You're cute. Yeah I will." I give him a wet kiss on his nose while he was still looking down at me.

He wipes where I kissed him and smiles.

"Okay thank you." Arthur leads me back to the bed.

"I'm feeling better." I announce.

"Well so do I but I still had to stay when you went lookin' for Micah." Arthur argues, helping me in bed.

Touché.

I watch Arthur leave the room.
Im gonna have children with him someday.

Someday.

----------
Omg im sick af and I have a volleyball game tomorrow whaaadaafuuu am i gonna do.

Fun fact about Robin:

Her favorite snack is cornbread and milk.