TEN

Azriel's POV

I felt by my side, expecting to find my mate but was surprised when I felt nothing but soft material under my hand. I shot out of bed and looked around the abandoned room. Did she leave me already? I heard faint laughter going on outside of the small house. I went to the window to have a peak of what was going on. I saw my mate and Lukas sitting in a clearing, practicing magic. They seemed rather close.

Just by looking, I could tell that Lukas was trying to teach her a spell or something. They seemed to be having a jolly ole time.

If he lays a finger on her, I will chop him up to pieces and leave him to decay. Watching the two made me angry. What made me even angrier was the fact that I couldn't go outside to stop the interaction. If I did step foot outside, I'd literally burn alive. I would have to wait for Anastasia to come back in to address the issue.

_____

I waited for what felt like an eternity for her to come back through the door. When she finally was back in my presence, I attacked her with a kiss. I could tell she was surprised by the way she took some time to respond. But eventually, she tangled her hands in my hair and embraced the bond that was growing stronger between us. I could hardly wait to mark her.

I finally pulled away, allowing her to breathe. "Your mine," I growl, kissing both sides of her face gently. She giggles and it is complete music to my ears. "You're so pretty," I say. Her cheeks light up like a candle. She pulls back and holds my face. "Are you alright?" I take her hand and kiss her fingertips. "You've left me here all day." I tell her.

"I've been gone for thirty minutes." I close my eyes and drink in her presence.

"Long enough for me." She steadies my head again, making me open my eyes. She focuses in on me and stares deeply into my eyes. It was an intimate moment but I didn't feel like she was all there. She suddenly gasps and points an accusing finger at me. "You're jealous of Lukas! I can see your thought, stupid!" My eyes slightly widen. "No!"

"You have nothing to worry about. We are just friends."

"That's what they all say." She looked offended at my words. Her eyebrows drew together and she crossed her arms. "Who's they?" She asks. Her eyes felt like bullets as they burned into me, slowly pulling answers out. "Everyone I've ever been with has left me for someone else. I just didn't think I'd find someone who would stick around."

As my gaze lowered to the floor, I felt a hard smack land on the side of my face. "I'm your mate, dummy. Of course, I'll stay with you." She then planted a sweet kiss on my left cheek.

_____

I was accompanied by restraint.

"Hello," A woman with long brown hair approached me. I struggled in the restraint as I looked up at her. "Where am I?" I question, seeing that I was in a dark room.

She smiled at me. "A coven. Sorry about the excessive restraints. I didn't know how you'd react to my... sudden meeting." She clears her throat before continuing. "You see, Lukas, he is not who he says he is. He's manipulative, and a good actor with terrible intentions with your mate. We want to take him down and stop the damage that he is doing."

I wanted to believe her but I was still ignorant of her identity. "Who are you?" I ask.

"I am Lukas' former trainer. He seemed like a good kid, but it turns out he's just rotten." She takes her time walking towards me, in a threatening way. "What do you want from me?" She laughs. "So many questions. But if you wish to know, I want you to lead the two into my trap. I'll kill Lukas and groom your mate to be the spectacular witch she ought to be." She is bent down and centimeters from my face.

"You're delusional if you think I would ever help you. I love Anastasia."

"I don't think she loves you." She then does a hand gesture before an orb of colors appears in the air. Once the image became clear, I saw what was Lukas and Anastasia in a heated makeout session. My body got hot as a wave of anger arose in me. This can't be. After what we said last night, I thought my worries could disappear. Obviously not.

I quieted my thoughts as they began to exchange words. "What if Azriel hears?" Lukas asks her as he begins to lift her shirt. Anastasia shook her head as she helped Lukas. "Forget about him." She says. The orb then disappeared next to a smug-faced witch. "I wish to not show the next part but if you wish to see it, I have other witches who would gladly show you." I shake my head, denying her suggestion. "I've seen enough."

"So will you help me bring Lukas down?" She questions, still awaiting my answer. I nod, out of pure anger. "Of course." She smiled and the material around my arms disappeared. "Wonderful. Come with me, I'll catch you up on the plans." I rubbed my wrists as I followed the woman out of the dark room and into a cozy hallway.

Outside of the door was a man who seemed that he could be in worse shape. "This is Winston, my partner, accomplice, whatever you want to call it." I hold my hand out to shake his hand. "Azriel." He takes my hand and gives it a firm shake. "Good to have you working with us." He says and I just give an empty smile. 

I felt so many things. Betrayal. Hurt. Sadness. All because my mate didn't want me.

"So, as you may or may not know, they are headed to Anastasia's mother's grave to revive her. You play a very important part in this plan, Azriel. You will lead them towards the grave. In their path is where our trap will be. Got it?" The woman questions. I nod. It seemed pretty easy.

"Wonderful. Now we must send you back before they take note of your absence."

_____

Samouel's POV

"Where are we going?" I ask as my dad and Socrates basically dragged me and my sister out the door. Where ever we were going, they were leaving Orion in charge which was a terrible idea in my opinion.

"Your grandfather's castle." My dad says. Me and Nerissa share knowing looks.

"You found Anastasia?" Nerissa asks. He sighs and shakes his head as we navigate through the castle halls. "I thought we did, but my father let me know that she somehow escaped." He explains. I felt my hope deplete once more.

My sister was who knows where and we can't freaking find her. "How did she escape?" I question.

"Your grandfather mentioned a window."