Part 3

The man stepped into the reception and placed his suitcase on the floor. He took off his large, soaking wet coat and draped it over the counter. The shirt beneath it was drenched as well and he shamelessly pulled it off and deposited it on top of the coat. His bulging chest and massive arms indicated that he worked out—and a lot at that too. He grabbed the suitcase, placed it on the counter, opened it, and pulled a pair of large scissors out.

With the sharp metallic shears in hand he paced through the gloomy hallways until he stood in front of Beth's door. He knocked a few times and waited patiently.

It didn't take long before footsteps were audible and Beth spoke from behind the closed door. "I'm so sorry if my boy is keeping you up, I'm doing the best I can to soothe him." The door opened and she stared at the big guy in silence, her eyes focussed on his stern face.

The man took a few steps forward and Beth took an equal amount of steps back inside. Behind her a young man appeared, and he froze up when he saw the intruder. A soft wail escaped from his throat, yet he didn't move.

Using his foot, the man closed the door behind him. He raised the scissors to his chest, resting the metal against his skin, and started to snap them frantically. Patches of orange body hair drifted to the ground and Beth took another step away from him.

"W-what are y-you doing here," she squeaked.

"It's been five years," the man said with a low voice. "I've waited five years for this moment, for him to come home."

"But-but—" Beth stammered as her back met the wall behind her. "He-he did his time, the judge—"

"I don't care about what the judge said, or that he did his time. What he did to my little girl..." The man shook his head whilst keeping his eyes locked on Beth's. "I want him to suffer, like she had to suffer."

Beth looked away from his prying gaze, tears rolling down her cheeks. "But-but it wasn't his f-fault, he was sick—" She gasped loudly and turned back to face the man.

His eyes were filled with hate and he squinted them slightly. "He took my little girl away from me," he hissed.

Beth dropped her eyes to her stomach, where the scissors had embedded itself in. Blood was trickling down her pants and onto the carpet. A deep sigh escaped from her lips as the man pulled the metal out of her body. Slowly, she slid down the wall to the floor, where she remained motionless, her eyes closed.

The man turned to Vincent, who was still standing at the same spot. A squeaky noise was still coming out of his throat, but it was barely more than a whisper. With big strides the man walked up to him and he noticed the boy had pissed himself. A malicious grin pulled his lips up. "I'm going to give you some proper punishment for your crimes."

He shoved the boy into his mother's bedroom; the frail, young man stood no chance against the wall of muscle. Using his elbow the man knocked Vincent in the ribs, making him fall onto the bed. In one swift move he planted the shears into the linen and ripped them apart.

The boy whimpered as he crawled as far away from the colossus as he could. He opened his mouth to speak, but his body only managed to produce squeaks and croaks.

The man dropped the scissors and grabbed the lengths of linen. Using his knee to keep the boy pinned to the bed he tied his wrists and fastened them to the bedpost. He did the same to his ankles, but tied each separately so that he ended up with his legs spread. The stench of urine coming from his crotch didn't seem to bother the man one bit.

"As much as I am going to enjoy your screams, I'm going to shut you up a little bit." He forced a piece of cloth into Vincent's mouth and used another stretch of linen to keep it in place. "There, time for some actual punishment. Do you remember my daughter, Vinnie?"