30 | REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE — SAN FRANCISCO IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NOVEMBER 5TH 2017 — 4:00 PM

IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL
NOVEMBER 5TH 2017 — 4:00 PM

GIOVANNI GLANCES down at the couple messages he sent Tom as he bites on his thumb with his leg bouncing up and down. After the conversation with Gregg he refused to mention it to anyone let alone make a public statement about it. He had enough of his life plastered on the internet for thousands of people to see. Though, somehow, he managed to slip the message to Tom and now that the two were meeting face to face for the first time, he's beyond nervous.

     Ashton, who is sitting next to Giovanni, begins to grow annoyed at the movement as his leg rested against Giovanni's. He turns to face him with a look of pure confusion but Giovanni didn't even feel Ashton's gaze on him as he stared off into space. His eyes careful make their way to his phone screen as he catches a glimpse of messages. It didn't take two to know both party's were nervous for their first encounter.

     Placing a comforting hand on Giovanni's knee, Ashton whispers to him, "It's gonna be alright, just relax bud."

     Giovanni's leg relaxes slightly, locking his phone and whispers back to his best friend, "Just nervous about the show."

     Ashton snorts removing his hand and shaking his head, he must've not realized he read some of the messages already, accidentally. Giovanni frowns at the noise of amusement and sends him a slight glare, "You read the messages?"

     "Mhm." Ashton hums and shrugs his shoulders, "You were too busy worrying that you left your phone unlocked and facing my direction. Couldn't help but peak."

     Giovanni cracks a slight smile, "Sneaky bi--"

     "We're here!" Luke comments as he sticks his head between the two, a bright smile illuminating his face. It's been a while since anyone has seen such a smile on his face after everything he's been through with his ex. Lately, they've been working on new music and constantly touring it felt amazing getting to perform in front of others for fun.

The four of them pile out of the vehicle, Giovanni's eyes scanning the thousands of people that showed up as they're navigated to the backstage. He attempts to look for a certain British with his nerves buzzing out of control, both for performing and for meeting Tom Holland for the first time.

He isn't sure how time has passed but he spent most of the time playing with his guitar pick and checking his messages. A man pops in and shouts at them to get ready for their performance, everyone is rushing around and desperately, Giovanni sends Tom one more text.

Hey, I'm not sure if you're here or not but I'm going up on stage, I guess I'll see you later?

The three bubbles pop up on his screen and his breath is caught in his throat. Giovanni isn't given the chance to see the message before Michael grabs a hold of his arm and drags him out of the room, his phone slipping out of his grasps and onto to the couch he was sitting on.