Twelve

Kenny's POV- the crash

I need to get out of this house. That was my first thought about 20 minutes after Scarlet had dropped me off.

"What I need is a good cup of coffee from Starbucks!" I told myself. "Maybe then I'll feel better." I grabbed the keys from by the door, shoved my wallet into my back pocket and headed out the door. I got in the car, not bothering to put on my seat belt, considering that Starbucks was just a little ways up the road.

"Jeez they really need to fix this road," I say as I swerve around another pot hole. The next one was probably the biggest pot hole I've ever seen, so I quickly serve around it. However, I had cut the wheel too hard and the car was spinning towards a tree. My whole life flashed before my eyes as I went through the windshield, my last thought before blacking out being about Scarlet, my best friend, my girlfriend, the love of my life.

~~~~~

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!" I scream as soon as I wake up, making a bunch of nurses and mom run in and the nurses are trying to calm me down, while my mom sets down what appears to be food and coffee.

"Kenny, honey, do you know where you are?" she asks.

"Yes mom of course I do, I'm in a hospital, obviously." I tell her. God my whole body hurts.

"Okay," she says. "And do you know who Scarlet is?" She asks.

"Who?" What is she talking about? I don't know anyone by that name

"Scarlet." Mom says, pointing towards a girl with pretty brown hair and eyes, freckles all over her face.

I look at her, trying to remember how I know this girl, when I suddenly remember. she must have seen the look or recognition on my face because she have me a slight smile.

"Yeah," I say. "She's the freak who was holding my hand when I woke up."

Instantly her smile was gone and replaced with pure hurt.

"N-no Kenny," she says, emotion clouding over her voice. "I-I'm Scarlet, your best friend for the past seven years." I look at her, confusion clearly written on my face.

"Your girlfriend," She says and looks at me, with an expression of hope.

"I'm sorry miss, Scarlet was it?" I tell her, "But I don't know anyone by the name of Scarlet, nor do I have a girlfriend. And the only best friend I have is a girl by the name of Talisha Evergreen."

The girl looks over to my mother and I see a look on my mothers face that confused me even more, if that was even possible. Pure pity.

Pretty soon the girl, Scarlet, runs out of the hospital room with tears in her eyes.

"Kenny....." my mother says and I look at her. "Do you really not remember Scarlet?"

"No mom, I don't remember her. I don't even remember seeing her before in my life!" I exclaim, throwing my good arm up and wince at the pain it still causes me.

"Do you remember what happened at least?"

I thought about it for a moment, then answered. "Yeah, I was staying over at school for my tutoring when I had a fight with Talisha about-"

My brain felt like it exploded. I gasp in pain and shortly after the pain goes away.

"Oh god," I wince. "Anyway, I can't remember much after that except for leaving the house because I had wanted a coffee from Starbucks." I told her. My mom just stares at me for a while, when it dawns on me.

"Hey mom?"

"Hmm?"

"H-how long have I been here?"

"Oh, about a week."

"A WEEK?!?!?" I exclaim, my eyes bugging out of my head. She nods her head and all I can do is just stare at her.

After calming down I ask her to tell me about this Scarlet chick.

"Well...." she began. "It all started around seven years ago at RedWood Park...."

*a/n: AHHHH!!! guys I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated in forever!!! :( I just started school a few days ago and haven't really had the time!! I will try my best to update as soon as I can, I promise!!! so anywho, what did you all think of this chapter? what's going to happen now, do you think Kenny will ever remember Scarlet again??

Please vote, comment, and follow!

Ttfn,

Andrea