Thirteen

A/N so here's the next chapter!! enjoy my lovelies!!!

It's been a few days now since Kenny has woken up from his coma, forgetting about my existence from the past SEVEN years. I haven't really tried talking to him and vise versa. I guess that's what happens when you're remembered as "the freak that was holding his hand when he woke up."

And before you ask, yes it hurts.

The fact that my best friend can't remember a single thing about me hurts, really bad. I feel as if I've been punched repeatedly in the stomach too many times to count. I guess I've just kind of become a bit depressed without him.

I'm walking to third period Algebra 2 and not paying attention to where I'm going, obviously, and slam into someone. Hard.

We kind of bumped heads due to the person walking towards me and me them. I bent down to pick up my stuff, not even bothering to see who it was I bumped into.

"Here, let me help you with that," said a very familiar voice.

I snap my head up to see none other than the one and only Kenny Holland.

"T-thanks," I say to him. He looks up to give me a smile but stops when he sees that it's me.

"Oh hey, it's you." he says in the most monotone voice ever. Ouch.

"Yeah,"

We say silent for a moment.

"Well I better get to class," I say and start to walk away.

"Wait!" he says, grabbing my arm. I look at him with confusion clearly written on my face.

"Yeah?"

"Um, so my mom told me about, uh, us." he pauses and I nod for him to continue. "I just wanted to know if all of it was true?"

"Well, yeah. We've been best friends for the past 7 years and had just started dating a few weeks ago." I explain to him. He just nods in response and proceeds to take out a piece of paper, a pencil and a notebook and write something down. Ripping out the piece of paper he folds it up, hands it to me and just leaves without another word.

I put the note in my pocket and head to class.

~~~

After math, I had a study hall so I decided to open up my note that Kenny had given me. Sitting at a round, wooden table I take out the note and read it.

I think I might remember you, meet me @ my house after school.

-K.

My heart just about stopped right in my chest. He might remember me? this is great! but what exactly does he remember? well the only way to find out will be to wait till after school.

~*~*

About 20 minutes after school I did exactly what Kenny had asked me to do, feeling nervous. I hope he doesn't confuse me for someone else, but at least he asked me to come over so I guess that's a step forward.

After his mom let me in I went downstairs where she told me he was working on his next cover for vine.

He was with Jack and Jack, Sam Wilkinson, and Jake Foushee (AKA: other viners). They were doing a cover of How To Love and it was really great.

When they finished, Kenny looks up at me and gives me an apologetic smile.

"Hey I'm sorry, but I forgot. Can you wait for me in my room?"

"Yeah sure it's okay." I tell him and wave at the other boys before heading upstairs. I go into his room and I see that he still has the picture of us when we had first met at the park. I was sitting on the swing set laughing while Kenny was pushing me. I smile at the memory and sit on his bed, waiting for him to come up.