2 after

Day 2
----

Several alarms went off in the morning, each playing a different tune unique to the individual's cellphone.

I was surprised I could even properly wake up.

I only got two hours of sleep after all.

But it wasn't bad, I got to talk to Sana for hours and I really really liked it.

A smile unconsciously appeared on my face as I recalled our stupid conversations, our sudden laughters over nothing.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Chaeyoung asked as she came up to me.

Chaeyoung and I only became friends yesterday, but we instantly became close.

We clicked extremely well, we were the same age after all.

"Nothing, I'm just excited about this place," I turned to her, still slightly startled that she appeared out of nowhere.

"Excited? Yesterday you were complaining about how much this place sucks! And now you l-like it?" She stammered unbelievably.

"Something just-," I paused to think of the right description. "Changed my mind. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and this might sound weird to you, but now I'm actually excited to-,"

Then a woman opened our dorm door. Our head Mistress to be exact.

Before waiting for our consent, she started yelling her head off for the dozenth time today.

"She's annoying," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the sight of the middle aged woman.

"We are behind schedule! It's a fun week of games! Why do you all look so tired?" She smiled, an obvious fake one.

She closed the door and left.

Chaeyoung ran to her bed and came back with a tooth brush in her hand.

She rummaged through my bag and started fishing for mine.

"What are you doi-!"

"Aha!" She cheered excitedly.

Before I could say anything else, she grabbed my hand and had both our toothbrushes in the other.

"Let's go!"

Before we left the room I quickly glanced at Sana's bunk. I could never get a clear view of her bed from my bunk area, it was located 3 rows away, and somehow as if it was fated, you could only get a good view of it from one specific spot, my bed. The top bunk.

She was laying down.

You must still be tired.

I smiled to myself. It only reminded me of last night even more.

-

"Today will be exciting, we will be playing capture the flag!" Hoseok, one of the our caretakers exclaimed.

"Now, I'll start numbering you off, and everyone with the same number as you will be your teammates," And before anyone could argue about how tired they were, or how they didn't feel like playing, he started counting.

"One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four,"

I got numbered off as three so I went to search for my teammates.

Sana.

Are you in three too?

It was a small possibility but I hoped for it so hard it felt as if I would die if she wasn't in my team.

"Three?" I saw Sana walking towards me raising three fingers.

My heartbeat, I could feel it move ten times faster.

"Three!" I smiled, or at least tried to.

I must've been so happy because my smiling turned into a laugh, an excited giggle.

She gave me a smile... and that was it.

It's okay, it's understandable. We have one of the biggest age gaps at this campus, and we weren't exactly even friends yet.

But my heart sank.

Mina, the selected group leader, gathered us in a circle.

Everyone was strategising on how they could win, but my eyes never left Sana.

She was smiling, looking happier with Mina than she was with me.

Why am I upset? Of course you would. Mina is your friend.

I'm just some younger kid.