Chapter 7

The boys were quiet as they walked to school. Dipper's mind was still on the fact Bill had confessed his feels, while all Bill knew was that Dipper was conflicted about something. And as much as the demon wanted to ask, he knew Dipper liked his privacy.

It wasn't until the two were walking into the school did Bill speak up. "I feel like I'm forgetting something... Do we have a test today?" Dipper shook his head. "Not that I... Uh..." Dipper stopped, noticing a rather large crowd by his and Bill's lockers.

"What's going on?" Bill asked one girl, who just laughed. "Check it out." She pulled Bill through, who quickly grabbed on to Dipper. The two instantly saw what everyone was looking at. Two lockers, top and bottom, were covered in different coloured ribbons with the word 'lovers' written across them in large capital letters.

Dipper's stomach dropped as he looked at the lockers. He wanted to hide. Crawl under a rock somewhere and just escape. "What do you two think? Took me a while to find all those colours, but I figured, I might as well do it right." The two turned to see Matt standing behind them, a giant smirk on his face.

Bill looked at the lockers for a moment before turning back to the jock. "You're a surprisingly supportive friend. I had no idea Tyler and Perry were together." Dipper looked up, staring at the demon.

Matt was equally confused. "What are you talking about?" Bill point over his shoulder to the decorated lockers. "Well, those are Tyler and Perry's lockers..." Dipper turned his attention back to the lockers. Slowly, he looked at the lockers numbers. And he saw them. 144 and 145. His and Bill's lockers, right beside the decorated ones.

Matt glared at the two. "Nice try. But I know those lockers belong to you and the Freak." Bill and Dipper both shook their heads. "Nope. Ours are to the right of..." "Hey! Tyler! Perry! Matt was just showing us his work. Congrats you two!" Bill yelled, causing both Matt and Dipper to look over.

Two of the larger jocks were walking over, both looking confused. The crowd quickly departed, not wanting to earn the wrath of the two. Dipper moved back, not wanting to be in their way, though still needed to get to his locker.

The jocks looked at their lockers, then turned their attention to Matt. "Locker room. Now." Tyler and Perry walked away with an angry looking Matt following behind them. "He does not look happy..." Dipper said, standing next to the lockers as Bill pulled his things out. "Well, you know what they say. Karma's a bitch."

Dipper rolled his eyes at the demon. His eyes soon fell on the lockers. "They won't let this go..." He sighed, looking away as Bill looked up at him. "Just ignore them, Sapling. In a couple of months, we'll both be long gone from here."

Dipper let out a long sigh. As Bill moved away from his locker, Dipper moved in front of his. "I just wish they'd understood how it feels... Always alone, feeling rejected by everyone..." Bill felt saddened at the teen's words. He didn't know why he cared so much about this one human, but he figured that was just part of liking him.

Bill opened his mouth to speak, only for the warning bell to ring. They both jumped, looking at the time. "Shoot, I didn't realize it was already time for class." Dipper threw his things into his bag before slamming his locker shut and running off. Bill right behind him.

***

"I'm just saying, Pine Tree, there's a lot more to those sacrificial rituals them just cutting some dude open..." Bill said as the two left their history class. Dipper laughed. "Well, duh. But all people want to remember is the stabbing. That's just how humanity is." The teen paused as a bunch of girls ran past before continuing. "So, what was it really like? I mean, you must've been there, right?"