The New School

N/n= Nickname

"With some friends of mine. You'll meet them tomorrow at school." Evan said as putting his headset back on.

"Ok." I say and watch him play as I hear a one sided conversation. After awhile I tap Evan's shoulder. "I'm going to my room." I say.

He turns to me and smiles. "Ok, y/n." He says.

I turn and leave the room and check on my sister. She is laying in her bed, silent. I could tell she was sad, but I don't know why.

I walk up and lay on top of the covers next to her. We both are silent as we stare at the ceiling. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I miss my friends." She said. She had a few close friends. I had always been alone and depressed back at the old house. I would cut myself alone in the dark after Jo had gone to bed.

"I'm sorry. You'll find new friends here though." I say.

She hugs me and I hug back.

"Make sure you have everything ready for tomorrow." I say before I leave.

I go to my room and shut the door.

I listen to some music.

Maybe my parents were right. Nobody likes me. I'm a monster. The voices inside my head say.

I shake my head. 'No they were wrong. This family offered to take me in.' I think.

They pitied you for what you are. They don't care.

'They wouldn't have offered a home if they didn't care. Just leave me alone.'

I'm in your mind. You can't run.

I grab my pocket knife and hold it above my arm.

Do it. It's the only way to make us leave.

I start cutting my arm. I feel the sting of the slice and the relief after it.

Red crimson blood runs down my hand. It drips onto the floor. I look at it with tears in my eyes. It feels good to cut. It feels good for the voices to leave.

I stand up and wipe the blood off the wood floor so it doesn't stain. I put my hand over the sink in the bathroom. I locked Jo's door so she won't walk in.

I took the knife with me and washed off the blood. Then I washed my cuts up fore arm.

I let the cuts scab over and then put a long sleeve shirt on.

I don't prefer using my healing powers. My fire power is my natural power and healing my second.

That was when Evan walked in.

"Dinner." He said as he came to look at me. He noticed the cuts.

He pauses and looks at me. I freeze in my spot then start crying. I turn away. I feel weak when I cry, vulnerable.

Jo knocks and was about to come in. Evan turns around looking at her, blocking me from her point of vision.

"Jo, go to dinner. We'll be there in a moment." He says and smiles at Jo.

"Y/n?" She asked for approval to do what he says.

"Do as he says. You can trust him." I say calmly. She leaves and Evan shuts and locks the door.

He looks at me and makes me look at him.

"You'll be ok. I won't say anything. We won't let your parents get a hold of you ever again." He says. "We'll keep you safe."