Never Truly Left Part 1

Dean x Reader

Request by @Millycrouzet, so sorry it's taken so long I just couldn't seem to get it quite right the first few times I wrote it. Really hoping you like it!

Reader has returned from Hell but after suffering from the memories Cas builds a wall in her mind to protect her. Everything goes well until she begins growing closer to Dean, as she falls in love her mind begins to weaken bringing with it the memories of her time spent down below.

Silence was your first clue, it was way too quiet for a forest. Birds, squirrels, wind, something usually made a damn sound. Sweeping your eyes left to right as you held your gun tight you knew you were in the right place, something evil was lurking in the shadows. Stepping forward slowly you only made it a few steps before a low growling sounded from behind you. Turning slowly and looking down you tried to bury every instinct screaming in your mind as you saw the deep red eyes staring at you.

The hellhound stood four feet away, giant claws digging into the soft dirt as it bared every fang in its large mouth. Flashes suddenly ran across your mind, images of torn flesh and screams echoing off dark walls. Shaking your head to clear it you slowly brought up the gun aiming right for its head. A small alarm ringing in your mind worrying why you could actually see the beast without putting on the glasses in your pocket.

"Alright Fluffy, just you and me. How about you be a good dog and roll over?"

Your only response was another growl followed by a few barks, seeing its muscles tense you were ready as it sprung forward. Firing three shots you managed to hit it in the chest just before you were knocked onto your back. Feeling the gun fly from your hands you quickly pushed against its neck as it tried to rip your throat out. Reaching down quickly with one hand you drew an angel blade from your side.

Thrusting it forward into the hounds neck you turned your head as a whine and a gush of blood escaped its throat. Feeling the warm liquid cover your neck and chest, new images flashed across your mind. Screams heard in the distance, a heat like you've never felt, and warm red liquid running down your arms.

"Y/N!"

Shoving the giant beast off your body you heard running footsteps before two men ran into the clearing, their eyes widening at the scene before them. Running forward Dean dropped to your side and began checking for injuries. Pushing against his hands you sat up groaning, "Dean I'm fine its all Cujos blood."

Sighing in relief Dean met your eyes, now that he knew you were okay the anger came forward, "What the hell were you thinking! Sam and I leave for five minutes and we come back to a note saying you were going after it? Why didn't you wait for us?"

Standing with the help of both brothers you shrugged and began pulling the sticky shirt away from your body. "You guys wouldn't let me come with you to confront the demon, after you called saying he confessed the dog went rogue I figured I could handle it. Tonight was the last deals deadline, if we didn't move quick we would have missed it."

Looking between the brothers you saw how worried Sam looked while Dean seemed more upset, "It happened again by the way."

Both men stiffened, they knew recently you'd begun to have flashbacks from your time in hell. What they didn't want you to know was the potential cost of remembering everything. After Cas managed to get you out the first few days were rough. You had constant nightmares and finally refused to sleep at all. When they called Cas to check on you he revealed you were suffering greatly from everything that had happened.