Your Fault

Dean x Reader

Request by @ShotThrewTheHot, Reader and Dean have a history but after the day Sam jumped into the cage Dean made a decision that completely broke her. Two years later a chance run in leads to Deans second chance, but after learning Y/N doesn't exactly work alone he tries to confront her, but in the end only heartbreak is revealed...

Warning: super angsty, not exactly a fluffy shot

Feeling the warm blood drip down between your fingers as you held tightly to the man in front of you a small part of you flinched but knew you had no choice but to continue. The demon possessing him had long ago killed off the human after taking control of his body.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, where is it? I'm not a patient person, and things can get a lot worse for you the longer you make me wait."

Fear flooded the demons eyes as he finally nodded franticly, "Okay okay fine! I only had it for like two days before I sold it. Demon out in New Mexico named Franklin gave me a good deal to take it off my hands."

Pulling him closer to your face you let the knife slip a little deeper into his skin making him wince, "How do I know your telling the truth?"

Wincing the demon rolled his eyes, "You really think I'd keep something like that around for long with Crowley on my tail? Please I'm not that stupid, now you gonna let me go? I told you everything I know."

Leaning back you contemplated it for a moment before meeting the demons eyes once more, "No."

Sliding the knife fully into his chest you watched as the bright orange light flickered under his skin before going dark. Pulling the knife free as you stood up you again felt that flinch of regret. You didn't have long to think about it however before you felt movement in the room behind you.

Quickly turning and throwing the knife you were surprised to see Dean Winchester shift just in time to miss the blade as it buried itself in the wall behind him. Turning quickly with wide eyes he let out a deep breath. "Damn Y/N, I see not much has changed, although I think your aim is better."

As the shock of seeing Dean lessened you quickly composed yourself, "yeah well I've had plenty of time to practice. Your looking a little worn down Dean, tough year?"

Walking forward you forced yourself to keep your cool demeanor as you moved past him to grab your knife. Pulling it free you quickly walked towards the door, "Love to stay and chat but I've got work to do. See ya around Dean."

"Y/N wait! Please I um, its really good to see you." Turning slightly as you reached the doorway you saw the man you'd known for years, the man you'd stupidly fallen in love with, looking back as though he'd found a long lost treasure.

"Wish I could say the same Dean, go home to your girlfriend."

Turning and leaving before he could give a response you quickly walked towards your motorcycle. Straddling the seat and pulling the helmet on you saw Dean come out of the building looking as though you'd kicked his puppy. Starting the bike and swinging the back tire around you raced away, leaving behind a dead demon and the man who broke your heart.

"I'm telling you Sammy somethings different. You should have seen her with that demon, she tortured him before killing him."

Watching his brother pace back and forth across the stained carpet of their motel room Sam couldn't help but notice how uneasy Dean seemed.