Chapter 8

I combed my hair in front of the mirror and suddenly the memory of last night flashed through my minds. I could sense his sincerity to know me and be my friend. I smiled at how he talked comfortably about his life.

And then, a message popped up on my phone screen.

'$100 has been transferred to your account ***76.'

I raised my eyebrows and frowned. Completely confused about what's happening right now.

"Diane!" I went to her room.

"Yah," she shouted while putting on mascara on her lashes.

"Did you transfer the money to my account?" I asked while showing her the message that appeared on my phone.

"Why would I transfer it in your bank rather than give you face to face?" She asked which was quite logic one.

"So.. I.. could.. go online shopping...?" I guessed.

"No," she reached for her handbag on her bed. "I didn't transfer it, you should call the bank. Transfer it to the sender back," she instructed.

I sighed. I covered my face with my palms that was already covered by my knitwear sleeve that was way too long and I yelled out loud.

"Take it easy, Kate," Diane pat me on my back.

"Why would I have to be the one to call the bank's authority just because of someone mistakenly transfers it to my account? Why do I have to waste my time over someone's freaking mistake? Ughhh," it's annoyingly hard for me to do this early in the morning.

-

A plethora of students already flooded the hallway and I only focused to go to my locker to put my stuff. As I opened it, there was a letter. The vanilla scent, my favourite one.

Wanna join me to have a walk?
If yes, meet me at the pond, I will pick you up at 3.30 p.m. -ChrisD

"Creepy!" I exclaimed and I just put it in my bag. I didn't want to get too attached to him. And how the heck he knew my locker?

A few seconds later, my phone rang.

"Hello, Sir Andy," I said.

"Katie, can you come to meet me at my office?" he asked.

Not quite sure what for but, "Okay, I'll come."

I put my phone in my jeans pocket and I climbed up the stairs straight to level 2 and entered the office. Surprisingly, Gabriel was there too. I gasped and coughed a little.

"Miss Winter, please, have a seat," Sir Andy pointed to the empty chair beside Gabriel. "I really really want to ask you a favour," Sir Andy continued after I took a seat.

"What is it?" I was literally perplexed.

Sir Andy put two papers of examination in front of me. One with 15% and another one was covered with the 15% paper.

"Oh my God!" My eyes went wide. "Is this my mark?" I never expected I couldn't make it for the last exam because I thought I had nailed it.

"No, this is McKenzie's," Sir Andy stared at Gabriel who had already put his head down. I looked at Gabriel from the corner of my eyes. "This is yours, by the way," Sir Andy showed me my marks which were quite impressive for me. 98%.

"Oh!" I was relieved.

"So, Miss Winter I really have to ask you a favour. For the past days, I had been teaching him privately so he could excel in his Maths and he made it!" Sir Andy bent his body towards the table. "Just increasing of 1%."