A sunny morning

When I wake, the sun pours through the window and splashes onto my face. It feels warm and humbling. I go to get up but I can't bring myself to do it. I turn to get up but in my way lies Gemma. Sweet, innocent little Gemma. She lay there peacefully so who was I to wake her up? Instead I lay there on my side with the sun on my back.

" Hey Becky?" Gemma whispered softly. "Are you awake?" She yawned. I turned around to find Gemma's big bright green eyes wide open, with a smile that made me feel fuzzy and warm on the inside.

" yeah," I smiled back at her. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Just a bad dream" she said as her face flushed red. " But I will stay in my own bed tomorrow I promise!" She said in a hurry.

" I don't mind," I laughed. I watched her as she breathed a sigh of relief. I forced my self out of bed and slipped on my slippers. I stood up and dawdled out the door Gemma skipping closely behind. I walked down the stairs and through the kitchen door. The smell of burning bacon filled the air and made my stomach growl at me. Gemma came bursting through the kitchen with numen - her stuffed teddy - and her cute tweety bird pyjamas that I bought her last month. Her sandy blonde hair in two little braids.

" Bacon!" She yelled as she came rushing past me into her seat. The light hit Gemma as she began digging into her beloved bacon. As I watch her I realise how truly pretty she is. Those green eyes that are big and round. That beautiful hair and rosy red cheeks that puff up when she smiles. Only some people have the ability to make you feel happy when they smile, and Gemma was one of those people. To be honest she was quite stunning considering she is only 8 years old. Not like me. I'm 16 with dark hair brown eyes and pretty regular features. Gemma and I look nothing alike. She looks like mum but unfortunately I look like dad.

"Don't choke," I laughed as Gemma scoffed down the last piece.

"Sorry Becky, did you want some?" She smiled with a mouth full of bacon. Not anymore I thought to my self, but I just shook my head and smiled back.