Chapter 2

Later that day Cana was sitting at the bar she was on her third litre of beer but she wasn't drunk, she had a plan and it was going to be put into motion today. This was her best scheme yet and she couldn't wait to start. She took a look around the hall, everyone was still hanging around chatting and drinking, Erza was the only one missing. She left an hour or two ago after she got her cake, she hung around a bit longer to talk to Lucy, then she went home to rest after being exhausted from her previous job. Cana spotted Mira across the beer and called her over.

"It's time" Cana declared as Mira came to a stop in front of her.

Mira chuckled "This should be fun"

"You bet" Cana replied with a wink. She gestured to the bar "May I?"

Mira nodded with a smile. Cana hoisted herself on top of the bar she stumbled to the side, maybe she was a bit tipsy but when wasn't she. She regained her balance and cupped her cans around her mouth as a makeshift microphone.

"EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!"

Everyone turned their attention to her and gathered around the bar. They whispered among themselves wondering what was going on. Cana whistled to get everyone's attention.

"Who's ready for a bet" Cana exclaimed.

There were exited voices from the small crowd. Carla, Wendy and Levy were giving each other sceptical looks, Cana's bets usually benefited her more than anyone else. Natsu and Gray stopped glaring at each other instead they were bragging that they were going to win no matter what the bet was. Happy was still trying to get Carla's attention with little success. Juvia was hiding at the back of the crowd gazing at Gray, she didn't look interested in the bet she was just there to be close to Gray. Lucy was sitting at a stool to the side of where Cana had planted herself, she looked mildly interested, it would give her something to do this week.

Lucy spoke up from Cana's side "So what are the terms of this bet?"

Cana specified "Okay so the rules of this bet are, you have to get a bite of Erza's cake-

She was cut off as everyone started shouting. Everyone was looking at her like she was crazy.

"That's impossible" came a voice from the crowd.

"Let me explain before you make your judgements" she proclaimed.

Everyone quieted down and she continued with a sigh.

"As I was saying, the goal is to get a bite of Erza's cake, the only rule is you can't take it by force, not that you could anyway, you either have to win it off her, convince her to give it to you or find another way without using force. Everyone only gets one shot at it. So who's in?"

There were excited voices from the crowd.

"I'm going to win!" yelled Natsu

"No i'm going to win!" challenged Gray.

They both crashed their heads and fists together getting ready for a fight.

"Split it up" yelled Mira. "You both have caused enough damage today"

They separated reluctantly, still glaring at each other from opposite sides of the bar.

"Is everyone in?" questioned Cana.

There were yeahs and noises of agreement from the group.

"Good, it starts from tomorrow and ends when everyone has had their turn" she announced as she hopped of the counter stumbling to her feet.

The group dispersed, most people went home as it was pretty late. Lucy was still sitting at the bar in silence. Mira walked over to her from the opposite side of the bar.

"What do you think about the bet" inquired Mira.

Lucy contemplated her answer for a moment "It's going to be hard but there has to be away"

Mira agreed "It will be but I think you'll find a way"

Lucy smiled to herself "Maybe" She got off her stool and stood up getting ready to leave "Well i'm going to head home and get some rest, goodnight Mira"

"Goodnight" she replied as Lucy was leaving.