Prologue:

Prologue:
|Start from the beginning|

__________________________

Bright flashes of light. That was the first thing I saw when I woke up. Nothing but blinding light.

When my vision finally adjusted itself, I found myself in an all-white room with nothing but a grey table and a cup of water sitting in front of me. My throat felt extremely dry, so I tried to reach for the cup yet my hands were brought back down to my lap.

"Huh....." I raised them once again, hearing the rattling of chains. Of course, I'm in chains. And there's one more wrapped around my ankle...Joy.

Before I started thinking of a way to break out of these stupid things, a door opens and a dark-skinned woman in a fancy navy blue suit took a seat in front of me. She gently placed a yellow file in front of her as she stares into my (H/C) eyes.

"(Y/N) (M/N) (L/N). Age 27, and curator of your hometown's history museum...

My name is Amanda Waller, I've heard a lot about you over these passed with months." The woman says as she opens the file and scans the contents.

"Er. I'm flattered. Very flattered"

"You should be. Most who flatter me, I place in a hole and dig right up, but you. Well," she slides a blurred image of a man in front of me. "I believe we can help each other out here. You tell me what I want to know about this," She paused for a moment as she chuckled "Aquaman"

"........" I remained silent while I looked down to the photo. The man looked to be heading back out to sea and instantly I knew who she means when after she finished.

"Nothing to say? Well, I have plenty of time...." Amanda soon stood up and walked around to me, taking the cup of water. She gently taps the foam with her nails as she leans closer to my neck and moving the collar of my shirt aside.

I flinched almost right away as she does, knowing she can see them. my (F/C) skin disorder.

To others, my disorder makes them think that I'm some weird fish person since they resemble scales in a way. Yet it's just something I got from my dad, the same skin disorder all over my body.

"Tattoos...or maybe-"

"It's a disorder. A skin disorder, it's on my arms and legs too. Scalemetia."

Amanda raises a brow before I feel her cold and rough hands graze my neck.

"Really..?" The woman soon enough moved away before crossing her arms.

"Ms. (L/N), I'm apart of a special group of people who are known to capture and secure metahumans in our world. If you can't trust me who can you trust?"

Secure. That's a nice word. I'm definitely nice and secure with these chains on for sure...

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's more like I have no idea what you're talking about."

Amanda was silent for a moment before a small chuckle left her lips. She soon started speaking about an attack from two metahumans named Enchantress and Incubus as well as how a group of hers defeated them. I had to admit, hearing the tale did sound a bit interesting but, how could I trust her.

"So, ready to tell me about your aquatic boyfriend.."

"It stays between the two of us?"

"More or less."

I took a small sigh before nodding. "Alright.I guess I could start from the beginning."

"At first, I figured...there was just no such thing as Atlantis."