Chapter 1 - 🌫 The Fight 🌫

I walked down the stairs to see my twin brother, Jason, sitting on the couch, reading.

"Hey twin bro," I say walking over, to sit next to him, "how was your day?"

We just got out of school an hour ago, like always my answer is terrible. I'm an anti social person and I get nervous when called on or walked near. No one understands other than my besties. But I will get to that later.

"Not too bad. Like always, every girl in school tried confessing to me." He says like it's nothing. Though it makes sense, he's the most popular kid in school. I wish I had his luck sometimes, "And yours?"

"Do you even have to ask?" I say passive, "like usual everyone ignored me other than Jamie, Autumn, and Ivy."

"That makes sense. I'm happy you met them. They must be better than those backstabbing jerks that used you." There goes Jason, being the best big brother ever, "Though I wish you didn't hang out with the 2 bad girls."

I take that back.

"Excuse me?" I say annoyed "What did you call them"

"Airie, why are you mad? I said the truth, Autumn and Ivy are no good

"Airie, why are you mad? I said the truth, Autumn and Ivy are no good."

"Take that back, now!"

"Why should I? Am I not allowed to speak the truth??"

Don't get me wrong, I love my twin. But he needs to learn boundaries.

"Do you even know what it's like not to have a lot of friends and be alone?" I say quietly

"Huh?" He says annoyingly, like he didn't hear me, "what was that?"

"YOU'RE LUCKY TO BE YOU!" I say grabbing my phone, his grey sweater, and running out the door.

It's early autumn, so it's not too cold. But it is chilly. I didn't even look back to see his reaction. I just ran forward. Forward. Don't look back. I ran down the street with no shows, just my cat stalkings. I ran into the woods, with tears running down my face. I'm judged by everyone at school for who I am, and who I hang with. Why does he do the same?

I sit against a tree near the middle. I know the woods by heart. I always played in them with Jason before everything happened. I start feeling hungry. I stand up and look around. Maybe I could find a few wild berries that aren't poisonous. And even if they are, maybe it will put me out of my misery. I'm not depressed, just... lonely.

I give up.
How long have I been here?

A minute?

A half hour?

Five minutes?

An hour?

I feel sleepy.
Everything is going black.
I feel the wind picking up.
Am I flying?
I can't feel anything under my feet.

I can't even hear my own screams.