Un.

"I don't care, just stop calling." I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Daniel just quit it, we're done! And no, we're not getting back together. Not after what you did, I gotta go..." I hung up and ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "I fucking hate this." I mumbled.

I walked out onto my balcony and pulled a smoke from the carton in my pocket, as I pulled it to my lips. I lit it up and sucked in all it's killing toxins as it calmed my nerves. I ran my fingers through my pink hair, stressed. I took another drag from my cigarette and looked around. I heard some annoying birds chirping from a far. I looked down and back up, "Wow, my life is a fucking joke." I laughed quietly to myself and shook my head. I put out my smoke and threw it in my ashtray. I walked inside and threw on my combat boots and squirted myself with some floral scented perfume. I walked out, I shut my door and quickly locked as I walked to work, which was only a ten minute walk.

//

"Hey," Sam waved at me as I entered through the store. "You're three minutes late, ya know?" She smirked and I rolled my eyes and let out a low grumble. "Yes, I know. Sorry, my morning was... Stressful." She gave me a small sympathetic smile, "Don't worry, kid. We all have 'em." Sam was so understanding, never mean. I put my hair into a messy bun and picked up a box of books which was titled "Romance." If only I could actually find romance.

I walked to that section of the store and started putting the small amount of books into the right place.

I dusted my hands off on my black jeans and threw the box into recycling. I heard the bell ring which meant someone was here. I walked behind the counter and looked for Sam throughout the store. She must be in the back I thought. This guy that walked in looked around twenty or so. He walked to the fiction section of the store and rubbed his hands together to make them warm. It was a cold day here in Montréal, which sucked. I've always despised winter. It's too cold. The only thing I liked about it was the warm drinks and having an excuse to stay inside and watch Netflix.

I walked over to ask this customer if he needed any help. "Hey, need help with anything?" He smiled and replied, "Yea, do you happen to know if you carry a book called, ' The listener?' He shot me a sly smile and I politley smiled back. "Uh, we might. Follow me." I walked to the front and searched it up in to the computer.

He quietly tapped his long fingers against the counter, "it's a cold day, huh?" I nodded and replied, "yes, it's pretty chilly. I'm used to it, well kinda. I'm from Whitehorse, so it's not too bad." I looked into his green orbs and smiled. "Yikes! I hate cold weather."

"I mean, I don't like it. I'm used to it though. Also, for your book, we sadly don't have it here. I can order it? It won't cost you anything." He smiled, "Yea sure, that'll be great! Thanks!"

"You're very welcome!" I smiled back at the green eyed boy.

"Well, I'm going to look around for a bit more, thanks again--" he glanced at my name tag, "Belle."

"Uh, no problem." I smiled and walked away from behind the counter.

The way my name fell from his lips sounded great.

He's really cute, I thought to myself. He probably already has someone anyways. Who'd want a girl who works in a book store, barely making her way through university & has pink hair?

I shrugged and continued putting books away.

"Hey, can you give me a call when the book comes in?" I glanced up, looking at him through my lashes.

"Yea sure, no problem! What's your number?" I quickly grabbed a piece of paper as he told me his number.

Afterwards, he was gone. He waved goodbye and I smiled and continued what I was doing.

//

"Okay Sammy, I'll see you tomorrow!" The blonde haired girl smiled and said, "goodbye! See ya then, try not to be late!"

"I'll try!" I responded laughing. It was pretty dark since my shift was finished at eight thirty at night. I hugged my jacket closer to my cold body and checked my phone. I have homework to do, so when I arrived I changed into comfortable clothing and started.

//

I rubbed my temples and grumbled, "essays will be the death of me!" Suddenly my phone started ringing and made me jump. I answered, "hello?"

"Hey sweetie, am I interrupting something?" My mother asked through the phone. I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "No mom, what's up?" She sighed.

"It's alright, we miss you. How's Montreal?" I smiled, "it's alright. Not as cold as it is there, that's for sure!"

She laughed, "I'd hope so! Today was minus forty-six!" I laughed, "oh dear, glad I'm not there!"

"So how's dad? Is he doing better? Has that cold disappeared?" I asked as I rummaged through my cupboards for food. Shit. I have to go and buy food now?

"Yea, dad's doing better, finally. His whining was getting out of control. Men are so whiny when they're ill!" I laughed, "oh, mom!"

Shortly after I got off the phone with my mom and finished writing my essay, I got ready for bed and brushed my teeth, I was wiped. I crawled into bed and fell into a peaceful slumber.

:::

Authors note! ::

I hope you like it! Please give some feedback!!!! 💕