two

CHAPTER TWO
"CAN ONE OF YOU DATE MS. DOLAN?"
( MEETING THE PROFILERS )

"MOM, ARE YOU TAKING Hamburger to school today?"

"Yeah, she needs some social interaction. Her type needs to socialize." Natalie then stuffed the toast she just finished buttering in her mouth, most of it hanging out, and walked out of the kitchen with a tumblr in one hand that would keep her coffee warm, and her phone in the other. She walked in the living room and set them both down on the coffee table, and took the toast out of her mouth, chewing the bite she had. Holly was laying on the couch with her backpack on the floor next to her, phone in hand as she texted her friends. "Hair up or down, Hol?" Natalie asked as she looked for her shoes.

"Neither. Half-up."

"You didn't even look, kid."

"You're my mom, I know your face and hair."

"Touché."

Natalie finally found her heeled boots and grabbed them without a second thought. She made Holly move her feet so she could sit down, and put the boots on, looking at the time on her watch right afterwards. They weren't running late – yet – so she didn't need to rush too much. As she loosely tucked in the green blouse into the black jeans, she instructed Holly to find Hamburger and get her into the carrier as Natalie made sure she wasn't about to leave anything once blindly doing her hair, a few loose strands escaping the half ponytail, framing her face. She slipped the bag over her shoulder that held all of the papers and other things she needed for the eight hours of teaching and went ahead and took it to the car, setting it on the floorboard in the back seat before quickly going back inside to grab her phone and a jacket for the dreary weather. Holly came out and entered into the living room with the pet carrier, Hamburger sitting contently inside, cat toys surrounding her.

Natalie took Hamburger away from Holly so the teen could grab her own things for school, and finally the two Dolan's were leaving, Natalie locking the door behind them.

+++

The two made it there on time. Natalie clocked in and as she made sure that things would be ready for the class, Natalie played with Hamburger in the back of the classroom until it was time for the teenager to head to her own first period. All of the students were excited to see the Abyssinian cat again, and Natalie loved how they gave the feline attention that she needed. Hamburger didn't disturb the class (for the most part, there were a few times when she would meow to get a student's or Natalie's attention) and the students were surprisingly behaved as well. The main reason Natalie brought Hamburger to class was because cats helped relax humans, or in this case, ease the anxiety and stress of the students as they loved on Hamburger throughout the day.

The next two classes went the same way; the students got excited because of Hamburger yet still behaved for the most part. It was so far a good day, in all honesty. They were breezing through the PowerPoints and notes, and no one made an effort to side track Natalie with a weird question while teaching. Once third period ended, she ushered the kids out put a sign on the door to let the next class know to go to the auditorium, putting Hamburger back in the pet carrier just so she wouldn't tear any papers or knock stuff on her desk if she wanted.

Natalie Dolan made her way to the auditorium knowing the students wouldn't be there for another few minutes, but that the agents would already be there. She had an attendance sheet in hand for her students, and phone in the other, the heels of her boots hitting the ground with every step. The blonde sent a warning look to two seniors who were rough housing by the lockers, the two boys hesitantly stopping. Natalie loved her students, along with the ones she didn't have, and they claimed her to be one of the sweetest teachers in Valley Grove High. It was true, to an extent. She was still tough on the kids when needed to be, and when she got mad -- she got mad. She tried not to show her anger towards the teens, but sometimes looks slipped and her body language showed just how mad she was.