four

CHAPTER FOUR
"IT'S PIZZA. YOU DON'T LIKE PIZZA."
( THE SISTER SHE'S NEVER HAD )

"HAMBURGER, CHILL OUT," NATALIE said to the cat as the feline raced passed her for the third time with in five minutes, Hamburger jumping onto one of the couches and then sitting on top of it, staring at Natalie. "Wha-," Natalie got cut off by the cat meowing very loudly for a good few seconds. Her lips formed a thin line and she rolled her eyes, muttering how weird Hamburger was as she made her way to the kitchen where the oven was beeping continuously. She quickly pressed the "cancel/off" button and grabbed an oven mitt, opening the oven and pulling out the Digiorno pizza she had put in earlier.

Usually when people came over to eat at her place, she would actually make a meal and make some yummy dessert, but between her stressful and bad day yesterday, Natalie didn't want to stress even more about a meal. Especially since it was just Kathrine who was coming over. At first, they were going to go over to the redhead's place but when the older woman's fridge stopped working over night a few days ago, causing most of the food to go bad, they agreed to just have lunch at Natalie's place.

Now, Natalie loved cooking, its something she has always loved doing, but there were those days where she didn't have the energy or want to make anything. That's when frozen meals, pizzas, delivery and fast food restaurants really came in handy.

Natalie set the pizza on the stove and tossed the oven mitt on the island counter, soon searching for something to cut the pizza with later on. She found a sharp enough knife and set beside the pizza, resting her hands on her hips as she looked to the ground where Hamburger was sitting, golden brown eyes staring right at her with her ears perked. Natalie sighed and picked up Hamburger. She rubbed the feline's head and stepped away from the stove and pizza.

"Just because we named you after human food doesn't mean you get any," Natalie told Hamburger. The car seemed to get gradually annoyed at realizing they were moving away from the food. "It's not even chicken, Hammy. It's pizza. You don't like pizza."

Hamburger meowed, and Natalie gave a soft smile. She then let the feline down when she got to the kitchen doorway and let Hamburger walk into the hallway. Natalie went to go back to the pizza to cut it but the sound of knocking on the front door, it opening just a second later, stopped her.

"Nat? I'm here!"

Natalie smiled and quickly walked to meet Kathrine at the front door. Kathrine was like her sister, a sister Natalie's never had before because she's an only child. Kathrine, older by five years, helped Natalie for some time after Ben's death and continued to do so, just not as much, but still making sure she was free whenever in case Natalie and/or Holly needed her. The redhead, who had formerly been a receptionist at a law firm, now was the lawyer at said law firm, finally having got the degree and job background she needed to be one. Because of that, her free days weren't so iffy. She got to decide when she took a vacation and how long she worked at the law firm before working even more at home. She was her own boss.

"Hi, Kathrine," Natalie greeted with a large smile, the two women enveloping one another in a tight, warm hug once the door was shut. "How've you been?"

"Good! Work wise. My date Wednesday stood me up," Kathrine sighed, ignoring Natalie's sympathetic look as she pulled from the hug and followed her to the kitchen where the blonde started to cut the pizza. "I would expect that if we were still young and in high school or college, but we're adults."