Chapter 9

Meanwhile at an unknown headquarters...

"...It's coming..."

"It's sooner than expected. Can you pinpoint its location?"

"...I need more time..."

"I see. How many?"

"...about a thousand. Possibly more... No. Two thousand and more."

"How many are them?"

"Thirteen, at most."

"Thirteen?"

"Yes. And two are in the same area. One is in contact with Clavier, and one is with both your sons."

"You weren't sure about them."

"I keep seeing them in the war. They will be fierce soldiers...

...One is of ice; the other is of fire."

Back in Sioux Falls, South Dakota...

Cherie POV

Hypnotized, my eyes continued to followthe stuttering blue circling glow on the loading screen.

"You promised!"

"I'm busy." A yawn escaped from me. "Go bother Daniel."

A intruding pair of little hands covered my laptop's monitor. "You promised me!"

"Nat, get out."

"Mooooooooom!" That damned screech again. "Ri's playing dumb games again!" She hollered and bounded toward the door.

I rubbed my face in exasperation. Saturdays were supposed to be relaxing. "What the heck did I promise you?"

My sister paused at the door and slowly turned to me, a cheeky smile plastered on her youthful face. "One thousand dollars."

"A thousand bucks! Hell no. I didn't promise jackshit."

"Mooooooooom!"

I really should have stayed in my apartment last night. After that debacle with Girlie, I had no inkling as to where I was running to. I ended up in the arms of... I cringed, remembering the awkward drama I had caused that night.

"Don't go running around here. I haven't cleaned up the broken glass in my bed yet," I warned her, logging into my Exiled Kingdoms Online account.

"I'm gonna tell mom that you have a gun."

I glared daggers at her. "Listen, I absolutely did not promise you money. Me! I just don't do that."

The girl rolled her eyes. "Fine. You promised you'd take me to the Superhero convention today! See? I have this recording right here." Out of nowhere, she produced a phone from her pocket and showed it to me as she played the recording.

"No way."

"Pretty please?Mom said I can sleep at your apartment tonight. It's boring here."

"Nah."

"Oh come on! What're ya hiding there? Your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'm telling mom your apartment has pot."

"I will personally break every toy in your room if you make up stories about me again."

"But you never invite me to your apartment!"

"I don't want any visitors there. Come on, don't you want anything else?