CHAPTER 9: A FORGIVENESS

After leaving home I could hardly think clearly. All he could think about was the idiot he had been all this time and the damage he had caused Lexi because of that. He had only one goal right now and was to get Lexi to forgive him, that was the main thing. He could not take it anymore so he decided to go to his house again. When it arrived it took a while to open the door but at last someone answered. It was Lexi's friend who seemed surprised to see him there again. He told him he was there again, and he said he had to talk to Lexi, yes or yes, it was very important. She replied that Lexi had left, she was not there and honestly did not know when she would return. Michael felt terrible hearing that. Every minute that passed became longer, he could not wait to talk to her. Resigned, he decided to leave, but begged him to please tell him that he had to talk to her when he returned. His friend agreed to give him the message, and so he left. The day seemed to become eternal. I did not want to go home; I sincerely did not want to go back to shut up so he went for a walk until he reached the park near Lexi's house. He sat on a very pensive and uninteresting bench, and there he seemed to leave the afternoon. Soon it started to get dark. It was horrible, one more day had passed and I was not going to be able to talk to Lexi. When he was almost ready to go home, he could see the silhouette of a girl coming towards him not far away. The girl was familiar. It was Lexi. As soon as she saw Michael, she could not help but be surprised that he was there at that hour. Michael ran to where he was, until the two were face to face. He told her anxiously that he had not been able to stop thinking about her all day, he had returned home to talk to her but he was not there. I was very desperate to talk to her. She was right. Brooke was a liar exploited; I had discovered her talking on the phone. He had broken up with her and thrown her out of the house. I did not want to know anything else about her. Listening to those words, Lexi felt a little surprised as well as relieved. At last he had sent her out for a walk. At last the truth was known. But she did not want to look very anxious before him. He told her that he had hurt her a lot, he knew that part of the fault was not his but Brooke's, and that's why he was glad that he had finally come out of his life. It was beginning to thunder, a storm was coming, so Lexi was in a hurry to get home, but Michael did not want him to leave yet. He told him that please, he had to forgive him for everything he had done, for the evil he had caused her. He wanted to start from scratch and be able to restore the beautiful relationship they had, but this time beyond that. Michael wanted Lexi to be his girlfriend, he could not wait any longer. Lexi could not believe what she was listening to. He was totally in shock. Michael was declaring after all this time. It is true that Lexi loved Michael very much, and maybe he had been waiting for this moment a lot, but unfortunately things could not be that easy. Lexi had suffered a lot because of her fault, maybe not directly because Brooke had had a lot to do but it does not matter. I could not pretend that nothing had happened. Feeling very sorry rejected his proposal and left leaving Michael quite disappointed and full of sadness, as he knew that she was right. He had caused her a lot of pain, but she was not going to give up so easily, until she was able to compensate him for all the damage caused ... The day of the meeting arrived. Lexi's friend went to his house. There they spent a couple of hours talking, laughing and telling each other things that had happened during the time they had not seen each other. After lunch they decided to go for a drink at a bar that was a few blocks away from their building. When they arrived at the bar, the three of them sat at a table near the entrance. The day was quite sunny. When they ordered what they wanted to drink, Lexi noticed a boy who was sitting alone at a table in the back of the bar. It could not be possible. Lately he was everywhere. Just do not want to see someone to appear everywhere. When Michael saw Lexi he wanted to go to talk to her. How was it that he was there, until he saw her accompanied. He could see that there was a boy with them two. He felt maybe a little jealous. Lexi did not feel like talking to Michael. He had gone there for a quiet afternoon and to be distracted from all the problems related to him. But she did not want to be rude either, so she asked him to please, I did not feel like talking to him there. He had arranged with some friends to have a good time, and it was neither the place nor the time to talk about them. Michael understood that he was not doing anything there. Resigned decided to leave. He left thinking about who could be that boy who accompanied them. Was it possible that Lexi liked another?