3 - Bond Night

Sherlock Holmes and John Watson had moved in together that night, almost four months ago.

 Everything  was going well for them. Well, for John anyway.  Sherlock had fixed John's psychosomatic limp within a few hours of knowing him. He had given John a sense of purpose, a sense of adventure, and most importantly, a sense of danger. Sherlock had managed to assist John with his depression, fixing his PTSD by keeping him a part of the adventure, although he still had nightmares, something even Sherlock, with all his brains, was unable to fix. Along with assiting Sherlock with his cases, John has started practicing again, a job which had lead him to meet a certain nurse named Mary. The two had hit it off almost instantly, and they had recently began dating, both sharing the same mentality about the pointlessness of soulmates. Mary had never asked John about the name of his soulmate, and nor had Sherlock, both for which he was greatful. Sherlock and Mary also seemed to get along, which was a refreshing change from his previous dates that Sherlock had either managed to insult or simply frighten away.

Sherlock on the other hand, did not feel so cheerful about their living arrangement. The problem wasn't John, it was how much of John. John was with him constantly, they lived together, worked on cases together, the only thing was they weren't together, not in the way Sherlock wanted anyway. 

The feeling he had felt when he first laid eyes on the doctor had only grown in the passing months. He felt happy to be in John's presence, sad to be without it. And jealous, so much jealousy, with John Watson and all his stupid girlfriends. 

Sherlock had also taken to covering up his wrist, not to the extent John did, he simply simply wore long sleeves around the house. If John wanted to read the name it wouldn't take much effort. 

He was sure now that John was his John. The man he was destined to be with, to love for all eternity. The only problem was he didn't think that John was destined to love him. Was it possible to find a one sided soulmate? So far he had found no viable evidence of it, merely sad girls gossiping in chatrooms, all of which had not found their soulmate, instead someone with the same name, they were all simply overreacting. But Sherlock wasn't overreacting, he didn't feel emotions like love, or lust, or a need for physical touch. Not until he met John anyway. 

All that had lead to Sherlock's desire to find out the name of John's soulmate once and for all. To remove all doubt that his feelings would never be reciprocated.So here he sat, on the couch next to John, watching a movie in the early hours of morning. 

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

"John?" He spoke softly, angling his body towards the smaller man.

They had just finished a week-long case, and to celebrate John had suggested a Bond night, something he was more than happy to oblige in. They had already binged the first few movies, and time had slipped away from them, for now it was almost 2am. But Sherlock has no plans of leaving the doctors side anytime soon. 

"Yes Sherlock." John glanced up at the detective, pulling his attention away from the Telly in front of him. 

Sherlock took in a deep breath, reassuring himself that knowing the answer to his question was worth whatever anger John may have for him asking it. 

"Why do you cover the name of  your soulmate, with that big chunky watch?" He spat out the question rather quickly, nearvous as to John's response, "I don't think I've ever seen you without it, and we live together."

John took a very long pause, his eyes gazing into Sherlock's, he wasn't angry, at least he didn't appear to be. Instead he looked almost, almost sad.