~A Shadow~

I was just thinking about how I get around 100 reads per chapter which means technically 100 people are reading and judging what I'm putting right now which is a little scary because that's like 100 people staring at me and it's making me nervous okay I'll write the chapter now.

Third P.O.V

"Uh Coran..? Are you just gonna keep inspecting Keith's eyes or are you actually gonna tell us what's going on?" Lance asked, watching as the moustached man held Keith's eye open and shone a torch in it.

"It seems that Number Four's eyes are turning yellow." Coran said, putting his torch away.

"We already know that, Coran" Shiro pointed out, a fed up expression on his face. Lance noticed Keith flinch a little but didn't question it.

"Well from what I can see the only part of his eye that'll change is the white part. It's a faint yellow at the moment and it might get a little more yellow but not too yellow" Coran said, walking over to the Altean computer and typing something in. "There's only one explanation I can think of but I don't think you'll like it"

"What is it?" Shiro asked.

"Well it was in my symptoms list but I didn't think it would actually happen seeing it was quite a rare effect. The planet's dust can cause the race it was triggered by to show in the body of it's target." Coran explained, getting a confused look from Shiro, Keith and Lance.

"So what does that mean?" Lance asked. It suddenly clicked in Keith's head. Or more like the voice told him.

It means your galra is showing..

"W-Wait Coran are you sure it's that?" Keith asked, panic starting to grow in his chest. He didn't want to look like a galra at all. He had so many questions. Would his eyes change back? Would anything else change? Would his attitude change at all?

If you actually replied to me I could explain..

Keith shook his head. He didn't know who that voice was but he didn't want to listen to it. He knew something about it wasn't right. However, he couldn't help but somewhat believe it.

Next time you find yourself alone we can talk..

"That's the only thing I can think for it to be, Number Four." Coran replied.

"Wait, can you fill us in?" Lance asked.

Do you really wanna tell them? They might hate you..

"I-It doesn't matter.." Keith mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"But Number Four you-"

"I SAID-" Keith cut himself off mid sentence, looking away from the others. "I-I said it doesn't matter"

It's easier just to let it out..

"Um.. Shiro, Lance. Can I talk to you outside for a minute please?" Coran asked in an uneasy voice.

"C-Coran don't-"

"Don't worry Number Four, I wont" Coran interrupted Keith, understanding exactly what Keith meant. The three exited the room, leaving Keith to sit on his own.

I didn't expect us to get alone time so soon

"Who are you and why can only I hear you?" Keith asked, getting straight to the point.

I'm your voice of reason..

"That.. makes no sense"

Well I tell you what's true and what's not. I tell you what you should do and what you are.

"I don't believe you" Keith spat, getting irritated slightly.

Think about it. You trust me and you're not sure why. You can't help but listen to my advice even when you try not to. You believe everything I'm saying whether you want to or not, don't you?

Keith froze for a second. The voice was right. He didn't know why but he trusted the voice. He couldn't help it.

"O-Okay so maybe you're right. Why are you here now of all times?"

Keith, I've always been there. It's just because of this illness that you can now hear me..

"So are you going to kill me?"

All I'm going to do is tell you the truth..

Something about that sentence made Keith shiver.

You know, letting out your anger is easier..

"What? On my friends?" Keith asked, staring down at the floor. He suddenly whipped his head around when he thought he felt someone touch his shoulder. However, when he turned, he was met with an empty room.

Exactly. They don't understand you like I do anyways..

"Who ever said you understood me?"

You've agreed with everything I've said before this, haven't you?

"W-Well yeah but that's because-"

It's because I understand you, Keith. And you know it..

Keith could feel something trailing it's finger down his spine, making him shiver. He was too afraid to move. He felt could feel something breathing into his ear but when he looked, no one was there.

Just let out your anger on them, Keith..

"T-They're my friends"

Not for long. They'll soon leave you like everyone else has. Why get more attached when you could just break them off now? It's easier for the both of us..

Keith felt like he couldn't breathe. He was shaking slightly and his muscles were frozen in fear. 

"I-I guess you're right"

You know I'm right, Keith. I'll always do what's best for you..

Before Keith could reply he suddenly saw what looked like small shadows begin to build up. They slowly morphed in front of him, taking the shape of a human figure. Keith soon realised the shadow matched his own. The shadow was a 3D outline of Keith, the only features that could be seen were 2 yellow eyes, missing pupils. The shadow walked towards Keith, placing it's hand under Keith's chin.

I see you've given me a body. This means you're starting to trust me more..

The shadow slowly pulled it's hand back but Keith found himself following it, stopping when the hand dropped to the side of the figure. He could trust this figure. After all, it was his voice of reason.

You don't need them, Keith, all you need is me..

Keith heard the door start to open and before he could react the shadow figure disappeared, fading away into the air. Shiro, Coran and Lance all walked in, looking at Keith who was standing aimlessly in the middle of the room.

"Keith are you okay?" Shiro asked. Keith hesitated before nodding, smiling slightly.

"Completely fine"

OooOOOoOo spooky. Like I said I don't know what I'm doing with this I'm just kinda improvising but it's working so Imma keep going. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Words: 1030

~Author Mill