Prologue

“Every man seeking the interest of his neighbor, and doing all things with an eye single to the glory of God” - D&C 82:19

            Makayla sat in a pew of the chapel of the LDS Meeting House in Shelton Washington. Today was a Special Stake Conference for the Elma Stake. Elder Scott D. Whiting was visiting, and Makayla was ready to hear what he had to say.

            Makayla's family wasn't at the stake center because her father, Brother Ben Floyd, was interpreting for the Spanish speakers here.

            Makayla realized that she had forgotten a journal, and mentally facepalmed. Then she remembered one was in her bag. Relieved, she took it out and waited for the meeting to start.

            Makayla reflected over the past  year, 2018, and thought about how much she had changed. Again she was filled with the desire to write, to create a story for the entertainment of others.

            Makayla had already written a Sonic fanfic titled "The Final Victory", but she wanted to create an original piece. Two stories had been started already: a story from when she was 9, "Heros of Kia", and an autobiography/novel hybrid "What I Believe".

            Only one could be considered a "Sunday Story". Makayla picked up her phone and began to type.