Chapter 5

The white wizard retrieved his hand from the onyx globe, startled by the images of the Witch King's treasonous behavior

The white wizard retrieved his hand from the onyx globe, startled by the images of the Witch King's treasonous behavior. Kylo Ren, Snoke's trophy from the slaughter in the village, had somehow been manipulated to betray him.

And it was because of him that Ben Solo hadn't been a casualty during the arranged ambush on the elves.

Given the bloodline of his heritage, Snoke had kept a watchful eye over Ben for years, believing that he could be turned and serve in the footsteps of the former Witch King. The elements of his potential were already there, as Ben often regressed to violence and anger rather than compassion. With the proper grooming and additional abilities, the young elf had the potential to become more powerful than Vader. And claim a legacy far more epic than his grandfather's.

Being strong in both body and mind, the elf hadn't been an easy target to obtain and resisted Lord Sidious' lure into darkness. However, all that it took was the enactment on empathy and tend to the forsaken lives in the village. Ben had finally taken the bait, but it also nearly claimed his life.

With the help of a powerful and dark enchantment, his fragile body was set in tune with Sidious' growing strength as a Wraith and was given the name Kylo Ren. Now a hybrid of Wraith and Elf, Ren was able to resist the mortal effects of common blades and other weapons. He was created to thrive off darkness, a living weapon and the fiercest of immortals. His memories were erased, forgetting those who he once loved in his previous life and instead obsessed over the Ring. He would further hold second-in-command to Snoke's legion of a menacing new breed of orc known as Uruk-Hai, which had grown to reach numbers in the tens of thousands.

So how did the son of darkness fall under the control of a lowly Silvan elf? And what possessed the Witch King to give himself over to her in such a sacred way? She was nothing. A nobody. But she would clearly serve a purpose in the reminder of who Kylo Ren belonged to, and bring awareness to the fact that the Wraith wasn't as truly immortal as he'd always believed.

It was without to Ren's knowing that the wizard had also forged the only sword of its kind, its blade capable of maiming the Nazgul's immortality to Man should there ever be a need for its use. It would leave Ren mortally vulnerable while forcing him to choose between the life of the she-elf or keep to Sidious' cause.

Either way, one life would be taken and if not then both.

The sound of heavy footsteps moved his hardened gaze from the platform, supporting the black and spherical-shaped looking glass, and was met with the eyes of which belonged to General Hux when the fearsome pale orc entered the room.

The orc stopped at the doorway and stood with his shoulders squared, his chin elevated and proud of the news that he carried. His blue eyes were rigid and piercing, his smile sinister and uncovered its rows of sharp fangs. His broad shoulders and chest were concealed beneath thick-plated armor. The chest piece was marked by a white off-center handprint of the wizard who retained the orc's loyalties, the look of a soldier who was prepared for war.