✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Une *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Can anyone tell me what we'll be learning about today?" Mr. Kim asked his students. No one answered. Mr. Kim sighed. The juniors were so hard to work with. A girl in the back raised her hand.

"Yes, Lynn?" Mr. Kim asked.

"We're gonna be learning about the laws of the innocent and the hunted." Lynn said.

"Spot on. Does everyone know the rules of the innocent and the hunted?" Mr. Kim asked. Everyone nodded.

"Can you recite them?" Mr. Kim asked. The class nodded. They all held their right hands up and started reciting the rules.

"The innocent are never to interact with the hunted under any circumstances." The class recited in a monotonous voice.

"Good, good. Go on." Mr. Kim said.

"Aiding a Hunted in any way is punishable by Innocence revocation. Any contact with Hunted should be reported to the proper authorities. Failure to do so will result in Innocence revocation. Relationships of any kind with a hunted will result in termination of the mindwashed party." The class recites.

"Good. Does anyone know why those rules were placed all those years ago?" Mr. Kim asked. No one answered.

"Ok. I'll call on someone. Yuuji, you haven't answered any questions. Why were those rules placed?" Mr. Kim looked at his smartest, yet shyest student.

Yuuji didn't answer.

"You can whisper it to me if you want Yuuji." Mr. Kim suggested. Yuuji frantically nodded. Mr. Kim walked over and kneeled down next to Yuuji's desk.

Yuuji whispered in Mr. Kim's ear and when he stands up, he has a smile on his face.

"Mr. Itadori gave me the perfect answer. He says they were placed for our safety, and for the safety of our properties and possessions." Mr. Kim said with a smile.

"It's important that you know the history and that you know why The King made those laws hundreds of years ago." Mr. Kim said. Yuuji was terrified of even the idea of the hunters hurting the hunted. But he was also scared of the hunted.

Hundreds of years ago King Iaan made a constitution stating that all people who were considered a threat to society would be labeled as the hunted. And would be hunted down by the hunters. The hunted were all taken off the registry of innocence and put on the registry of hunted. The people who were put on the registry of innocence were safe. The hunters weren't allowed by law to hurt any of the innocent. The only way the hunters were able to hurt you was if you were on the registry of hunted.

The reason Yuuji was scared of the hunters hurting the hunted is because his mother was labeled as the hunted. Yuuji didn't even know if his mother was alive. He hadn't seen his mother since he was eleven. That was seven years ago. His father was all he had left. He couldn't even imagine how horrible it would be if his father was labeled as the hunted.

Yuuji looks down at his tablet. On it was a list of the hunted that had been caught or killed. His mother's name wasn't on it. Yet.

He opened another page and looked at all the hunted that weren't found yet. There were millions of names. But he couldn't find his mother. There were so many names that it would take days to find his mother's name. The ones that were the most wanted were at the top. It was slowly scrolling through the list without him doing anything.

"Please be okay, Mama." He whispers, almost silently.

Once the bell rings Yuuji quickly packs his stuff up and runs out of the school. He runs to his father's house and bursts through the door. He sees his father sitting on a chair with a cast on his leg. He had something wrong with his leg and had to get surgery.