Stuck

You sighed mentally, gently swinging the barely touched bottle in your hand. The contents inside softly swished against the glass it was trapped in. Setting down the beverage that the hooded man had bought you, you looked out the window and saw that the weather wasn't any better.

"This is gonna be a long day..." You thought, gazing down at your hands. You haven't spoke a word to the stranger that was sitting next to you, not even a simple thanks for the drink he had gotten. From what you thought, he was probably still sitting there admiring that coin.

"There something wrong, lass?" A voice had snapped you out of your thoughts and you came back to your senses. Realizing now that you had been staring at the hooded man, your eyes widened and you quickly averted your gaze away.

"Nothing. I-I'm fine." You managed to stutter out. He nodded and you looked down at the bottle you held in your hands. You could still feel his eyes burning into you, but you didn't move.

"Can't handle the drink, then?" He asks, slight humor in his undertone. You scoff, looking at him and shaking your head from side to side with a smirk.

"Of course not, just watch." You say, gulping down the beverage in one go. Setting it down with a slight thump, you hear a some claps and see the stranger nodding approvingly.

"Well done, lass! Guess I had you all wrong, eh?" His elbow nudged your arm as he jeered at you. Your lips twitched up slightly and you let out a small laugh.

"Aye. I suppose you did, sir." You leaned back on the tavern stool, making it rock slightly on two legs. The hooded man watched you, a smirk played upon his lips.

"So what brings ya to Kingston, lass? I've never seen a face like yours before in all the times I've docked here." He puts down some more coins and the barman placed down a drink for you and him.

"Ah, just some business." You waved it off like it was nothing, taking another sip of the new drink. The man mirrored your actions, nodding at your response.

"Business, eh? Guess we're here for the same reasons." You chuckled at his remark, setting down your drink.

"I guess so. What's your name, sir?" You asked, leaning a little bit towards him. A deep laugh sounded from him and he pulled off his hood. He had blonde hair that was tied back except for two locks that framed his features. His rich, blue eyes looked into your (e/c) ones.

"Edward, Edward Kenway. And yours, lass?"

"(F/n), (F/n) (L/n)." You introduced, holding for hand out to him to shake. He took it gratefully, shaking it with a tight squeeze.

"Nice to know I can put a name to a face." Edward said smugly. You nodded as well with a grin.

"Aye, same here. So tell me Mister Kenway, what brings you to this lovely establishment?" You asked coyly, resting your elbow on the counter, your chin in your hand. He did the same and smirked.

"Wouldn't you like to know." He chuckled, looking into your eyes with a smile that barely showed his teeth.

"As a matter of fact, I would." You retorted, raising a brow at him. He sighs with a smile, his eyes quickly flicking around the tavern.

"If you really want to know..." He leaned in, his face brushing past your cheek and his warm breath fanning over your ear. "I just came to have a good time, lass."

"Th-that-" you gulped, feeling your face flush as he leaned away with a smirk, "- was not the r-response I was looking for." Edward laughed at how you looked and sounded, and you glared.

"Ah, but it answered your question, eh?" He chuckled, taking another swig of his drink. You rolled your eyes, downing the rest of the drink and requesting another. "Getting a bit heavy on the drinks there, lass."

"And is that such a problem?" You inquired. Edward simply chuckled and motioned with his hand to the barman.

"Better make it a rum then."

~~~

About four or five bottles later of the most heaviest, strongest rum the tavern served and you were piss-face drunk. You weren't the best at holding your liquor, but you probably weren't the worst either. Looking down at the empty bottle, you gasped loudly and Edward's brows furrowed.

"What's wrong, la-"

"The rum's gone! Why is the rum gone?" You screeched drunkenly, looking at him with wide, glassy eyes.  His confused face suddenly turned amused and he ordered another drink for you. As it was set down, he looked over your features as you hurriedly and sloppily down the beverage.

"I think that'll be your last, (f/n)... You've had enough." He said warily. You slammed down the bottle and whipped your head towards him.

"W-what? Nonse-sense! I am perfectly fine, Eddie boy!" You slurred, frowning. You picked up the bottle and quickly drank the rest of it. Edward sighed, resting his forehead in his hand. 

"Lass... You're drunk. Take it easy." He put his hand on your shoulder gently and you slapped it off.

"Unhand me! I s-said I'm fine!" You persisted, and turned to get yet another drink. The barman looked stuck as Edward was shaking his head no and you were glaring at him to give you what you wanted. He sighed and went back to polishing the counter top to not get into the middle of whatever it was.

"(F/n), look at me." Edward whispered just enough for you to hear, putting his hand back on your shoulder. You turned and his eyes widened at your state. Your eyes were hooded and glassy, your face flushed. "Jaysus."

"W-what? What are you st-staring are, Edward?" The words barely came out. You began to feel dizzy and rested your head in your hands groaning. "Bloody hell, my head hurts."

"Well, I suppose mine would too if I drank that much." Edward chuckled, giving you a slap on the back. You hissed at the rough contact and he mumbled a string of profane words. "Sorry, lass..."

"I'm alright, Edwin." You growled, trying to push yourself off the tavern stool.

"Edwin?" He asked with a small smile, pushing you back onto the stool. You stopped and looked at him confused.

"Who's Edwin?" You asked, confused. Edward simply laughed at your response and you grew more and more confused.

"You're very drunk, lass."

"I-I'm very, very tired." You murmured drunkenly before slamming your face onto the bar top. You tilted your head to the side to see Edward with a shocked face, then blacked out in your drunken state.

Guess Prinns will have to wait till tomorrow...