not funny

With his new eyes he could see that she that was staring up at him in wonder and he marveled at the trust she was instinctively showing him.  In these short few moments he had changed so much on the inside that it seemed almost impossible for there not to be some external change as well.

A wide-eyed Mandy reached her hand out towards him.  She did not know how it could be, but she had seen Tyler enough in his wolf form to know that it was his golden brown eyes staring back at her.  Resting her palm against his cheek, her thumb drew a circle under his one eye, lightly caressing the skin as she ran her thumb up the straight line of the bridge of his nose before sliding the digit along his thick brow.

“Tyler?”

Cupping her hand he smiled reassuringly down at her.  “It’s … me.”

In typical Mandy-like behavior, she rolled her eyes at him.  “I know.”  The one side of her mouth tipped into a cheeky grin but wonder soon wiped it away again.  “It’s you.”  A delicate frown appeared above her eyes and stayed there while she thought.  “It’s both of you?”

“Yes.”  The simple truth of the answer stunned the inner turmoil he was experiencing to an abrupt standstill.  Her perceptiveness as far as he was concerned always managed to catch him off guard.

While he marveled at her understanding of him, another; more instinctive part that he had not recognized as being part of him before took in every single thing about her.  The way her hair seemed to be a living thing around her head as it clung to her face and the pillow, gently swaying as his breath moved if.  The way her eyes flickered between both his eyes, as if she had to make sure about what she was seeing.  The way her body felt so soft and feminine underneath him.  The way her lips drew in each and every single breath; as if she were tasting the air as she breathed in.  But what he loved the most, right now; was the way her heart was hammering away so hard that it sounded like thunder in his ears while he could feel the pulsing beat against his own chest.

He had never felt as alive as he did right now, with her caged in his arms.  She was so breathtakingly beautiful that it tightened his chest until he could hardly breathe. “Heavens above Mandy; do you know how beautiful you are.”

“Really?”  A small frown knitted her brows together.

“Yes, you are.”  He said honestly, and instead of smoothing out the frown with his fingers the way he usually did, his lips peppered the frown with gentle and feather soft kisses until the angry ridges of the frown had disappeared.

Mandy watched him as he lifted his head just far enough for them to see each others eyes.  “My nose is too small and my eyes and mouth are too big.  And ever since I cut my hair it has been all over the place!”

Tyler smiled down at her; until he realized she was dead serious.  Shocked, he lifted his head further away so that he could see her properly, his eyes searching hers until she started squirming uncomfortably at the scrutiny.

“Mandy, your nose is not small; it fits your face perfectly.  Any bigger and it would be wrong.  I love the way it scrunches up when you laugh.  Your hair is simply stunning!  It catches the light and frames your face until I can not see anything else when you are around.”

He held his weight on one elbow and ran his free hand through the unruly strands until he fisted his hand in the unruly curls, tilting her head so that their lips were almost touching.

“Your eyes are like pools of water that I would gladly drown in.  When I look in your eyes, I see you; and there is so much of you that small eyes would not be able to show me who you are.  Your eyes reflect your mood; when you are happy, your eyes are so full with your inner joy that it shines through, and when you are angry, your eyes literally shoot lightning.  It is an amazing and wonderful sight to see and I will never grow tired of looking in your eyes.”