Chapter Four: Rich People

The next morning was sure to bring pounding headaches to five of the six house mates. Florence was awake at 6:34 like every other day. It seemed to be the time when the sun started blinding through the windows and the birds went crazy. She looked over at Ophelia who was sound asleep with her frizzy black hair spread out on the pillow.

Florence began to stretch out her muscles - something she found comfort in doing. She began with her toes and fingers; wiggling them until they seemed to wake up. Next we're her legs and arms which she smoothed across the fairly new silk sheets. Finally she breathed a deep breath in and wriggled her shoulders around, pushing energy out through her fingertips.

With a big stretch, she moved back the doona cover and hopped out of bed. It was still dark in the bedroom but Florence didn't want to bother Ophelia with any light, so she crept through the shadows to the bathroom door. While she had already visited the room many times, the decor still knocked her off her feet.

Florence slid from her clothes, discarding them in a built in hamper basket before turning the shower on. The taps at the vanities used sensors but she was relieved the showers didn't as the idea of not finding the perfect temperate bothered her. The water was on the colder side as she stepped behind the glass walls letting the water fall over her hair and body.

She heaved a sigh as she began to wash her body. Her head wasn't aching as much as she had expected it to considering the bottles she had downed last night. Maybe it would come, or maybe she just felt it in other ways.

Florence liked to close her eyes and imagine things while in the shower. When she was younger her mother would yell at her for wasting water. Now, Florence has learnt the art of time management. As she closed her eyes today, little pictures swirled around; each a creation of her own. She saw little birds and gigantic buildings meshed together with green hills and bucolic scenery.

Time poured forwards as she washed her body, eventually deciding she was clean. Florence removed herself from the shower and dried off in a long beige towel. She didn't dress yet, for she hadn't checked the weather or what the group planned on doing. She turned to leave the room as she spied two silk bathrobes hanging on polished gold hooks behind the door. Florence grinned as she began to wrap herself in the garment before leaving the bathroom.

Ophelia was still asleep and had stolen most of the blankets. Florence smiled and almost skipped past her, excited to see the suite again. The kitchen was still as lavish as she remembered however it was completely vacant and still as she entered. She wondered quietly if anyone else had brought Advil as she opened her handbag hanging on the coat rack.

Florence swallowed two of the pills before drinking a glass of water. She wasn't hungry yet but they had no food in the fridge. When everyone was up she guessed they'd either go out or order room service.

Her feet steered her towards the open living room where a series of long cream coloured lounges sat facing a large flat screen.