Chapter 14

It was morning, and Sunny Baudalaire had finally woken up, Polly and Hannah had taken her to the hospital, leaving the remaining Baudalaires and the Quagmires with Charlie and Melody. Melody was sitting on her — or now Klaus's — bed, and the two were chatting quietly. 

"So, you said yesterday that you sing, can you demonstrate?" Klaus asked, Melody blushed a little and fell shy.

"Well..."

"It's okay if you don't want to, I was just putting it out there,"

Melody paused for a bit, "I'll sing, for you," Klaus smiled and she stood up off the bed. She twiddled her fingers a bit and cleared her throat, she hummed and began to sing. 

Look at me, I may never pass as a perfect bride - or a perfect daughter,

Now I see, I'm not meant to play this part, 

Can it be, that if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family's heart.

Klaus looked at her, her voice was beautiful, angelic, soft, pretty, smooth, and most of all, perfect. As she sang, Klaus listened intently, he wanted more. When she finished he was disappointed.

"Wow." He said when she stopped.

"You like it?" She asked shyly.

"That was beautiful! Yes I liked it! I loved it!" Melody smiled.

"Thank you," 

"Your name suits your talent," Klaus commented.

"Oh yeah!" She giggled. There was a knock on the door.

"Sunny's home and awake!" Violet screamed from the other side of the door.