Chapter II

"Stacie! What have I told you about leaving the milk out!" Aubrey snapped while Stacie was busy eating her breakfast at the kitchen counter.

"What? It's only been sitting there for five minutes," Stacie said defensively.

"It doesn't matter! It doesn't take long for milk to go off! It's summer now so you can't leave it out like that!" Aubrey put the milk back in the fridge agitatedly.

"It's not the end of the world you know..." Stacie uttered, focusing her attention back on her phone.

Aubrey huffed frustratedly and crossed her arms. It was now two weeks since Stacie moved in and it started off okay but then Stacie began to 'slack off' in Aubrey's words. She'd leave her clothes lying around, she'd leave the washing until the last minute, she'd leave her dishes in the sink, and most annoyingly, she wouldn't pack things away properly and she'd leave things out such as milk, which drove Aubrey absolutely insane.

"You're such a pain in my ass, you know that?" Aubrey grumbled.

"Pain in your ass? Are you kidding me? Seriously, who goes into someone else's room and tells them to tidy it?"

"It's called cleanliness and hygiene!"

"Last time I checked, you weren't my parent."

"Well, someone obviously has to be because you're acting like a child!"

"Look, it's my room, I pay for it, therefore, I can do what I want in it."

"It's not just your bedroom, Stacie, it's the whole apartment as well. I've told you all this before."

"Exactly, it's an apartment - it's meant to be lived in."

"Yes, but it's not meant to be a pigsty either!"

"Leaving two dishes in the sink and you say it's a pigsty? Seriously, did you grow up with the Royal Family or something?"

"You'll happen to know that my dad is one of the highest military generals in the United States Army and my mother is one of the best lawyers in the state."

"Ah, that explains it then..."

"What?"

"Why you're such an uptight control freak."

"I am NOT a control freak!"

"You ARE! Stop trying to deny it!"

"I'm NOT!"

"You are! It's no wonder you were looking for a new roommate! All of them couldn't stand your attitude!"

"Oh, bite me, Conrad."

"I will if that's what it takes for you to ease up!"

"Excuse me? At least I'm keeping this apartment in one piece and stopping it from going up in flames!"

"Oh, here we go again! When are you gonna let that go?"

"Never! You nearly burnt the entire apartment block down!"

"Oh, quit being so dramatic!"

"Stacie, you were cooking and left the stove on with a saucepan on top that had OIL in it! Do you realise how lucky we were?"

"Look, it only cost us a new saucepan, okay? It's not big deal."

"No big-" Aubrey couldn't believe what was coming out of the brunette's mouth. "You're kidding right?"

"Look, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry? We've learned from our mistakes so we won't do it again."

"No. YOU won't do it again. I had nothing to do with that except for saving our asses."

Stacie rolled her eyes then finished up on her breakfast before she stood. "Okay, I'm going out. Don't wait up."

"Your bowl! Stacie!"

Stacie sighed exasperatedly then grabbed her bowl, washed it, and put it on the drying rack.

"Happy?" There was no missing the sarcasm in Stacie's tone.

"You didn't put it away!" Aubrey called out as Stacie walked down the hall and a loud groan was heard from the brunette.

Aubrey rolled her eyes frustratedly then began to clean up the kitchen until. Living with Stacie wasn't enjoyable for the blonde. Stacie agreed to keep the apartment clean, which she did since it wasn't actually messy but by Aubrey's standards, it was unacceptable. Stacie was ever so grateful that the blonde wasn't the landlord or else she would have been kicked out by now.

"Okay, I'll be back later," Stacie announced as she waltzed out into the living room in a short denim skirt, black heels, and the same thin blue sweater she wore when she first met Aubrey. Stacie had also put on a fair amount of makeup and changed her messy bed hair to perfect model hair. Aubrey was still quite impressed by how quickly Stacie could get ready and how good she looked afterwards.

"Where could you possibly be going that requires you to look like that?"

"Places. Why? What's it to you?"

"Nothing, it's just not every day that you wear stuff like that."

"Have you been keeping track of what I wear?" Stacie smirked and Aubrey swallowed uncomfortably.

It hadn't gone unnoticed by Aubrey how Stacie dressed. She learned a lot about the brunette within their two weeks of living together and Stacie only got dressed up when she was going to see someone and that someone must have been a lover or a one night stand since the brunette often came back home the following morning in the same outfit, looking a little dishevelled with a smug grin on her face. Aubrey didn't care what Stacie did as long as she didn't bring it to the apartment, which she never did so that's all Aubrey could have asked for. But recently, it became a bit of a bother since Stacie began to go out more and come home the following day, looking and smirking the same way every time. Aubrey wasn't sure why it bothered her but she dismissed the feeling and carried on with whatever she was doing.

"Well, you have been going out a lot and coming home the next morning," Aubrey stated.

"Again, what's it to you?"

"It's nothing to me. I've just noticed it that's all."

"Well, you don't need to worry. I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself. Speaking of which, I better head out now."

"Okay."

Stacie went to grab her keys off the kitchen bench, only to accidentally drop them. Stacie automatically bent over to pick them up and Aubrey was granted a spectacular view of Stacie's ass and the blonde noticed that Stacie was wearing a g-string. Aubrey gulped and quickly pulled her eyes away from the sight when Stacie stood.

"Bye, Bree," Stacie said in a rather lower, seductive tone.

"B, bye, Stacie," Aubrey stuttered.

Stacie winked at the blonde and sauntered out of the apartment, leaving Aubrey in a complete daze with flushed cheeks. Little did she know, Stacie purposefully dropped her keys so she could give Aubrey a little show and much to Stacie's delight, the blonde was affected by what she saw. This is going to be interesting, Stacie thought.