𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒

"We are sorry."
It took only three words to destroy Namjoon's life, three words to make him feel helpless in every meaning of the word.

Namjoon shot up gasping wide-eyed and sweating profusely.

It was just another nightmare.

He sighed brushing his hand on his sweaty face. It has always been like this, since that time three years ago. But even after all those years, he just couldn't get used to those terrifying nightmares. Sometimes he dreaded sleeping, afraid of having another nightmare.

At least sometimes he didn't have them, and he was grateful for that small mercy.

The doctor got up then headed towards the bathroom and took a cold shower to make some sense in his chaotic thoughts.

After the cold shower, he made breakfast which he ate while watching the news on the TV in the living room. It has been like this for years, a tasteless and boring routine. But he resigned himself to it, it was better than nothing.

Namjoon headed upstairs to wear his work clothes. A white shirt, a black necktie, black suit pants and his white medical gown with a badge (where his name and profession were written on) pined to the chest area, the attire was completed by brown leather dress shoes.

The road to the hospital wasn't long since Namjoon lived only five minutes away. He greeted everyone that he crossed paths with in the hospital lobbies, which were other doctors, nurses, patients and the ones accompanying them. When he reached his work section, the first thing Namjoon did was visit all his patients in their rooms checking their daily medical files and making sure that they were well and comfortable and didn't need anything.

After the visits that ate three hours of his time, the Neurologist headed towards his office and began working on some paperwork that he didn't have the chance to finish the day before.

A knock stopped his fingers from writing the last sentence of the B project.
Namjoon checked the time and wasn't surprised to see that he spent nearly five hours working on the papers.
"Come in."
He invited, his voice deep and steady.

A petite nurse entered the room and bowed respectfully in front of Namjoon's desk.
"You have a new patient Professor Kim."
She announced in a soft voice.

"But I already have too many patients, Jieun. Why aren't they assigned to Doctor Park or Go?"
Namjoon likes to help, but he already has too many patients due to people always asking to be treated by him because of his great skills and gentle personality. He was a good reputed Neurology Professor that everyone knew.

He was still young, but Namjoon has an IQ of 154, which gave him the chance to graduate from high school at the age of fifteen and pursue medical studies, then specialize in Neurology. He became a Neurological Professor at the young age of twenty-seven years.

"I'm sorry Dr Kim but the patient asked only for you, the chairman tried to tell him that you already have too many patients but he begged him."
Jieun replied apologetically.

"Hum. Show me the way."
Namjoon stood up and followed the nurse out of the office.

When he stepped into room number 119, he was met by the sight of a young man sitting in a wheelchair. The young man was in deep thought that he even didn't hear them enter. Given the lack of reaction from the young man, that was what Namjoon thought of.

"Mr Jeon?"
Called Jieun softly to not startle him.

The young man's head shot up when he heard the nurse's voice.